Don't forget to set your clocks tonight.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
It's that time of year again! Spring forward.
Set your clocks one hour ahead. I do it before I go to bed.
Don't forget, the stove, vcr, dvd player, alarm clock, microwave, watches and car radio clocks :) any that I missed? Add them to the list.

Thanks TG. Our party is tonight... I think I'll have Paul set everything tomorrow afternoon when we finally wake up. :)

Only thing I can think of is the clock on your computer, but mine is set to automatically do that.

I was listening to the radio today, and the woman reminded us of changing the clocks and then said " at least we'll gain an hour of sleep" lol...hmmm, I think she got that backwards!

Last edited:
I always get this confused!! I was trying to tell my daughter it was fall forward and spring back!!! As we are in the southern hemisphere we had to put our clocks back an hour. Its nice to have some daylight before 7am!

Also, it is a good idea to get in the habit of changing your smoke detector batteries whenever you change your clock. So if your smoke detectors use batteries (ours don't--they are hardwired), it is time to change them!

:) Barbara

mrsmac said:
I always get this confused!! I was trying to tell my daughter it was fall forward and spring back!!! As we are in the southern hemisphere we had to put our clocks back an hour. Its nice to have some daylight before 7am!

I've been a transplanted Hoosier going on 11 years now and after 10 years I finally was able to figure out the time difference between us and IL. Wierd thing is I didn't have a problem when I lived in IL and worked in IN. Anyway, now we're always an hour different with them and to top it off now I'm always an hour different than my brothers in MI now too............errrrrrrrrr!

Sizz, What was always confusing for me was when my aunt and uncle lived in Arizona. They don't do Daylight Saving Time there, so I could never remember when there was a 2-hour or 3-hour difference!

:) Barbara

Barbara......up until yesterday we never changed our clocks here in IN it was MI and IL that changed theirs.

Heck I don't even know if we fall back in the fall or what we do :LOL: . Its all a plot to drive me crazy I know it is.

Daylight Savings Time

So my computer told me that I was supposed to change my clocks at 3:10 this morning with a pop-up telling me it was being change. Then I got on DC and you were all saying it's later. So I went online and found this web address
http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/colorado_time_zone.shtml
and there it said it isn't until 3:10 tonight. Which one is right? Either way all my clocks are changed, from wrist watch to microwave.:)

When DH was stationed at the Pensacola Naval Air Station (Home of The Blue Angels) The base changed time but the city of Penscols didn't...He would leave the Hospital at 4:00 PM and 10 minutes later he would arrive home at 3:10 PM. :LOL:

I saw in the newspaper that in 2007 Daylight would start the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday in November.
Marge

Back
Top Bottom