Don't have much time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
Just thought I would say Hi. We had a fire start on my district this afternoon. It is over 1,000 acres and growing. It is sorta going towards where I live, but I think my house will be OK. Gotta go. Hope this will end soon. Take care, SC. :)

SC,

glad you are ok..your being thought about and prayed for..Take care. Whatever would we do without people like yourself?
kadesma

Hi, all. Yesterday, was a horrible day. The fire burned some serious acres yesterday. But the firefighters also made great progress in the afternoon and overnight. I spent the last two days ordering supplies and equipment for the firefighters. Today, I worked in finance doing timekeeping. I have had 8 hours of sleep since Wednesday. :rolleyes: When I drove home tonight the fire looked pretty good. Very few hot spots. Take care everyone and thanks for the support. :)

Fire update.
http://www.inciweb.org/photos/thumb/phpThumb.php?src=/photos/ftp/r5/tahoe/harding-fire/photographs/pict-20050825-223648-0.&w=1200&h=1200

UPDATED: 2005-08-27 2:30:23 EST
  • 1 Total Incidents
  • 2,200 Total Acres
  • 1,136 Total Personnel
  • 4 Total Injuries
Incident: Harding
Released: 2005-08-26 06:00:00

Fire Crews Make Great Progress On Harding

FireSierraville….The 2,000 acre Harding Fire burning in the Tahoe National Forest is now 30 percent contained. The fire began near Highway 49, approximately 2 miles northeast of Sierraville and then burned towards Antelope Valley. Fire crews worked through the night keeping the fire South and East of Highway 49 and West of Antelope Valley road. Good progress was made on constructing and holding fire lines.

Over 450 personal are working the fire, including handcrews, helicopters, airtankers, engines and watertenders. The cooperating agencies include US Forest Service, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Sierra Valley Fire Protection District #1, Sierraville Fire, Sierra City Volunteer Fire Department, California Highway Patrol, Caltrans and other local agencies and contractors.

A public meeting is scheduled for Friday, August 26th at 7:00pm at the Loyalton High School gymnasium, which is located at 700 4th Street, Loyalton, CA. Incident personnel will be available to provide the most up-to-date information about the fire and to answer any questions.

Due to fire traffic the Antelope Valley Road is closed. The Cottonwood and Cold Creek Campgrounds on Highway 89 are also temporarily closed to house the resting firefighters.

They use to use B-17's from WWII to put out Fires but I think they use helicoters mostly now! I would help you if I could !:cool:

Back
Top Bottom