Don't Know Much About....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Geebs' new game about members made me think of another one. What are you interested in but don't really know much about? Or, what are you never going to be interested in? Make sure to 'splain why or why not.

I'll start with a couple; there's plenty more:
Astronomy - those Hubble photos take my breath away every time I see one
Investing - my dad tried to teach me but my eyes just glazed over every time he said stuff like "net asset value"

Geebs' new game about members made me think of another one. What are you interested in but don't really know much about? Or, what are you never going to be interested in? Make sure to 'splain why or why not.

I'll start with a couple; there's plenty more:
Astronomy - those Hubble photos take my breath away every time I see one
Investing - my dad tried to teach me but my eyes just glazed over every time he said stuff like "net asset value"

Astronomy too. When I first started to read your post, that's what I thought about. Unbelievable to have such clear pictures from such distance. I mean really how do you get your mind around billions of light years? I've been receiving their newsletters for at least a decade. Good pictures get saved for my slideshow.

Cars/motors. Some guy will start up a conversation on the subject. After I tell him I don't know or care, he'll just keep on going. I'm much more interested in space travel.

Z
I never noticed your sig.I love it! Polish the dull side!Great!

Thanks. I got disgusted with the Saints, and figured I should look for something else.

I've only been here for a little less than a year and a half, so although, I was glad they won, mostly because it made the other residents here so happy, I'm not all that attached to them yet.

I wish I had been able to learn math, it's beautiful, but I can't wrap my head around it. I understand the principles and why we need to know, but my mind just doesn't work that way. Read, learn, use...turn away for a minute and it's gone. I always get a charge when I can hold a concept long enough to make and/or get a math joke and use it on my Dad.

Televised sports...yawn!

I'd like to be able to understand economics. Why does the stock market fluctuate so wildly on a single news announcement and how does that affect prices in the stores? I think I would be better in a different age where you actually got paid in gold coins. I threaten every now and then to pull all my money out of the banks, buy a safe and get it all in gold coins.

I'd also like to be able to read the Bible in the original Hebrew and Greek. Having taken 5 years to learn sign language and still not real good at it, I doubt I would ever be able to get far enough in either language to really be able to read it AND understand it.

Wow this is a very thought-provoking discussion. There are many things I wish I knew more about. Here are 2: the Japanese language, and cosmetology. Odd combination of things I suppose LOL. I'd like to learn Japanese to become a mentor for young Japanese women new to the U.S. I could also gain more insight to their fascinating culture. And the cosmetology bit, I literally know next to nothing about styling hair applying make up. Now, I don't consider these skills to be at all necessary, it would just be nice to have fewer bad hair days and glowing skin after being up with a sick kid all night.

Things I couldn't possibly care any less about: history and so-and-so's Facebook page.

I'd like to know more about fixing things like appliances and cars. I don't know much. I'd also like to know more about fixing plumbing type stuff.

I know lots of weird, irrelevant trivia type stuff and not nearly enough useful stuff.

Things I couldn't possibly care any less about: history and so-and-so's Facebook page.

see, that what's make this interesting. I LOVE history, esp military history and history of the US and other countries. I'm pretty much with you on the Facebook thing, even tho I have a page - rarely go there.

see, that what's make this interesting. I LOVE history, esp military history and history of the US and other countries. I'm pretty much with you on the Facebook thing, even tho I have a page - rarely go there.
I KNOW!!! You need to get there more often! You know some of us would like to chat with you live time sometime.

Here are 2: the Japanese language, and cosmetology. Odd combination of things I suppose LOL.

I must be odd...:ROFLMAO:

I speak almost fluent Japanese as a second language (born and raised in Japan, almost 20 yrs), and I happen to be in the business of cosmetology. My wife and I own and operate salons (25 years). So that's not too far fetched....:)

I must be odd...:ROFLMAO:

I speak almost fluent Japanese as a second language (born and raised in Japan, almost 20 yrs), and I happen to be in the business of cosmetology. My wife and I own and operate salons (25 years). So that's not too far fetched....:)

LOL, I wouldn't call you odd, I'd call you awesome :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom