"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-18-2005, 01:33 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Thank you for sharing this affordable alternative mode of transportation (particularly for those that have disabilities). The cart part is an excellent idea for transporting groceries etc. Taking it another step further, sensible way to get around short distances, leave the car at home, save on car insurance & gas. Think we should ALL own one.

Wondering, do we need anything from DMV, & can it be driven on city streets rather than a bicycle path (not in the flow of traffic). Since I know nothing about bicycles -- can we chain it up? & are surface streets equipped for this type of vehicle (to cross streets etc.)? I'd really like to check this out because, I am in too much pain to drive. Again, thank you.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:31 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Mish, depending on the disaiblities you have, there are other trikes out there that would be even more adaptable. Since it still is essentially a 'bicycle' I don't think DMV rules would apply, and the same 'road rules' that pertain to bikes would apply here.

When I was looking for mine, I just googled 'Adult Tricycle' and came up with about a dozen different brands and types.

I've had a lot of experience with disability equipment, with my son; if you want to PM or email me, maybe I can point you in some more specific directions. Let me know!

Old 09-19-2005, 10:48 PM   #33
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hey thats pretty darn cool! Take me for a ride. I MIGHT be able to fit in the basket in the rear. Looks like fun and a very thoughtful gift.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:06 AM   #34
Executive Chef

Ohmigosh, sushi! Either you're a hobbit or taking diet advice way too seriously to fit in the basket!