Dove's Kitchen Table...we get by with a little help from our friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I will be there as well. Since it looks like there will be plenty of goodies,coffee and tea I will keep the coffee pot going the water hot for tea I will do all the refills and do the dishes.That way every one can sit and relax. But believe me I wont miss out and have plenty to say as well.
Now that just about everyone is here I say we plan an itinerary for Marge it will include who she will visit and what we will be doing for her and showing her the best attractions. We want to make her trip visiting the closest first in a way so she will not hafto backtrack and yet travel the entire USA then Canada and then on to other countries.

Last edited:
Well seeing as Marge lives in California and I live in Maine, I guess I would be one of the last on her itinerary to see, but Marge, I would love to show you two of my favorite places in Maine: Acadia National Park (Northeast coastal area of Maine) and Old Orchard Beach (Southeast coastal area of Maine). In the Bar Harbor region of Maine which is where Acadia National Park is located, there are many lobster pounds to visit, many tourist areas and plenty of fun things to do.

The Old Orchard Beach area is gorgeous, and lots of fun with all the shops and tourist attractions. The beach is seven miles long. There are many other beaches in Southern Maine as well, Wells Beach is great. Anyway Marge, you would certainly have a great and relaxing time here in Maine.

:) I will be there as well. Since it looks like there will be plenty of goodies,coffee and tea I will keep the coffee pot going the water hot for tea I will do all the refills and do the dishes.That way every one can sit and relax. But believe me I wont miss out and have plenty to say as well.
Now that just about everyone is here I say we plan an itinerary for Marge it will include who she will visit and what we will be doing for her and showing her the best attractions. We want to make her trip visiting the closest first in a way so she will not hafto backtrack and yet travel the entire USA then Canada and then on to other countries.
Good idea, and in that case, I live in California and not so very far from Marge, so she can stop by here on her way. Nothing special here but there will be lots of hugs,smiles and love for her and anything she desires to eat or drink..I'll share my beautiful grand kids with you Marge and we can go to San Francisco or Back your way to Tahoe or Reno or just sit here and enjoy a nice fire, and talk..
My home is yours anytime you would like.
kades

Hi Marge (whispering)

you will probably be asleep by the time this gets to you.

The kitchen table seems to be getting quite full but as we aussies do, I will find a way to squeeze in , maybe nestle myself on the kitchen bench seat - have bought my caramel latte from Starbucks with me. I have put some mini pavlovas in the fridge for tomorrow. Can I ask a quick question though - (a) cribbage and (b) pirogies - what are they? Just a little naive, I suppose it is like me trying to explain what "Two Up" and "Tim Tams" are!

After you have finished visiting all of the DC family in the US and Canada, come down and you can climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge (i'll watch - scared of heights!), I'll take you to the Opera House and for dinner we can sit at Circular Quay and watch the ships come in at night on the harbour.

Lots of hugs and love, speak to you in my morning/your afternoon - how confusing.
Cath:)

:) Marge, when you start working your way east of California you will need to stop in Northern New Mexico. You can come to the ranch where I live 600.000 acres of wild. You can watch all the wildlife and you have a great chance of seeing a bear. I will wait on you hand and foot, Then we can go to Taos or Santa Fe so you can really experience what NM is all about and of course eat a lot of chili dishes, Oh, almost forgot we can also go to Trinidad just over the border in Colorado. I still remember you telling me about it.

Last edited:
Well seeing as Marge lives in California and I live in Maine, I guess I would be one of the last on her itinerary to see, but Marge, I would love to show you two of my favorite places in Maine: Acadia National Park (Northeast coastal area of Maine) and Old Orchard Beach (Southeast coastal area of Maine). In the Bar Harbor region of Maine which is where Acadia National Park is located, there are many lobster pounds to visit, many tourist areas and plenty of fun things to do.

The Old Orchard Beach area is gorgeous, and lots of fun with all the shops and tourist attractions. The beach is seven miles long. There are many other beaches in Southern Maine as well, Wells Beach is great. Anyway Marge, you would certainly have a great and relaxing time here in Maine.

Amber, I'll bet she'd like a visit to Monhegan Island, too. I remember Lobster so fresh they literally slapped my face! :chef:

I would just love to visit all of you...keep the doors open..might surprise you some day....
Marge

:) Get the lead out guys. Who else at this table is going to have Marge come visit and what will she be doing with you?

:) Marge, when you start working your way east of California you will need to stop in Northern New Mexico. You can come to the ranch where I live 600.000 acres of wild. You can watch all the wildlife and you have a great chance of seeing a bear. I will wait on you hand and foot, Then we can go to Taos or Santa Fe so you can really experience what NM is all about and of course eat a lot of chili dishes, Oh, almost forgot we can also go to Trinidad just over the border in Colorado. I still remember you telling me about it.

JP, that sounds awesome!!

:) Get the lead out guys. Who else at this table is going to have Marge come visit and what will she be doing with you?

No problem, jp. Buck and I would love to take Marge to Paducah to see all the beautifully restored buildings/shops in the downtown area and have lunch and/or dinner at one of the fabulous restaurants there.

We hope, while there, that she'll take tons of pictures of the beautiful murals that are painted on the floodwall.

If she visits between mid-April and mid-October, we will also take her to Columbus-Belmont State Park, which overlooks the mighty Mississippi River and is piece of Civil War history. It's one of the best places for a picnic and to sit under a nice big tree and read a book or take a nap.

If she's into water activities, then, we'll go to either Kentucky Lake or Barkley Lake. Either way, we definitely won't miss going to The Land Between the Lakes to visit the planetarium and to the area that's reserved for watching American eagles.

If she does everything we have planned for her, she'll be ready for a nap and a leisurely drive to the next DC member who will "treat" her.

Well Marge, if you're going to get that close to me, maybe we can find a way for all six of us to get together for a lunch somewhere.

I have trouble getting around, but I can get from the car to the restaurant door. :pig:

PS...Do you have any objections to old ladies that still wear tie dye T-shirts?

:) Well then come and visit. Do you like beer?

May do so in the future, JP. Beer - We love it. But I have the best of both worlds, I have a local brewery 3 mins drive from where i live and an award winning wine region 20 mins drive from where I live. It is soo hard. If you go 20 mins in the other direction you can whale and dolphin watch all year round or go deep sea fishing.;)

Oh Marge, the places I could show you - all of you. Even where Bilby lives, WA is so diverse and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom