"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #41
Executive Chef

I will be there as well. Since it looks like there will be plenty of goodies,coffee and tea I will keep the coffee pot going the water hot for tea I will do all the refills and do the dishes.That way every one can sit and relax. But believe me I wont miss out and have plenty to say as well.
Now that just about everyone is here I say we plan an itinerary for Marge it will include who she will visit and what we will be doing for her and showing her the best attractions. We want to make her trip visiting the closest first in a way so she will not hafto backtrack and yet travel the entire USA then Canada and then on to other countries.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #42
Executive Chef

Well seeing as Marge lives in California and I live in Maine, I guess I would be one of the last on her itinerary to see, but Marge, I would love to show you two of my favorite places in Maine: Acadia National Park (Northeast coastal area of Maine) and Old Orchard Beach (Southeast coastal area of Maine). In the Bar Harbor region of Maine which is where Acadia National Park is located, there are many lobster pounds to visit, many tourist areas and plenty of fun things to do.

The Old Orchard Beach area is gorgeous, and lots of fun with all the shops and tourist attractions. The beach is seven miles long. There are many other beaches in Southern Maine as well, Wells Beach is great. Anyway Marge, you would certainly have a great and relaxing time here in Maine.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
I will be there as well. Since it looks like there will be plenty of goodies,coffee and tea I will keep the coffee pot going the water hot for tea I will do all the refills and do the dishes.That way every one can sit and relax. But believe me I wont miss out and have plenty to say as well.
Now that just about everyone is here I say we plan an itinerary for Marge it will include who she will visit and what we will be doing for her and showing her the best attractions. We want to make her trip visiting the closest first in a way so she will not hafto backtrack and yet travel the entire USA then Canada and then on to other countries.
Good idea, and in that case, I live in California and not so very far from Marge, so she can stop by here on her way. Nothing special here but there will be lots of hugs,smiles and love for her and anything she desires to eat or drink..I'll share my beautiful grand kids with you Marge and we can go to San Francisco or Back your way to Tahoe or Reno or just sit here and enjoy a nice fire, and talk..
My home is yours anytime you would like.
kades
Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #44
DC Grandma

Wow..I can't decide where to go first...

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:16 AM   #45
Senior Cook

Smile Hi Marge (whispering)

you will probably be asleep by the time this gets to you.

The kitchen table seems to be getting quite full but as we aussies do, I will find a way to squeeze in , maybe nestle myself on the kitchen bench seat - have bought my caramel latte from Starbucks with me. I have put some mini pavlovas in the fridge for tomorrow. Can I ask a quick question though - (a) cribbage and (b) pirogies - what are they? Just a little naive, I suppose it is like me trying to explain what "Two Up" and "Tim Tams" are!

After you have finished visiting all of the DC family in the US and Canada, come down and you can climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge (i'll watch - scared of heights!), I'll take you to the Opera House and for dinner we can sit at Circular Quay and watch the ships come in at night on the harbour.

Lots of hugs and love, speak to you in my morning/your afternoon - how confusing.
Cath
Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #46
Executive Chef

Marge, when you start working your way east of California you will need to stop in Northern New Mexico. You can come to the ranch where I live 600.000 acres of wild. You can watch all the wildlife and you have a great chance of seeing a bear. I will wait on you hand and foot, Then we can go to Taos or Santa Fe so you can really experience what NM is all about and of course eat a lot of chili dishes, Oh, almost forgot we can also go to Trinidad just over the border in Colorado. I still remember you telling me about it.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #47
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove View Post
Wow..I can't decide where to go first...
Well I CAN! Ya'll just back off! Oh, and I'm all about lobsters - if you were a tad closer I'd take a trip there!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #48
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Well seeing as Marge lives in California and I live in Maine, I guess I would be one of the last on her itinerary to see, but Marge, I would love to show you two of my favorite places in Maine: Acadia National Park (Northeast coastal area of Maine) and Old Orchard Beach (Southeast coastal area of Maine). In the Bar Harbor region of Maine which is where Acadia National Park is located, there are many lobster pounds to visit, many tourist areas and plenty of fun things to do.

The Old Orchard Beach area is gorgeous, and lots of fun with all the shops and tourist attractions. The beach is seven miles long. There are many other beaches in Southern Maine as well, Wells Beach is great. Anyway Marge, you would certainly have a great and relaxing time here in Maine.
Amber, I'll bet she'd like a visit to Monhegan Island, too. I remember Lobster so fresh they literally slapped my face!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #49
DC Grandma

I would just love to visit all of you...keep the doors open..might surprise you some day....
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #50
Executive Chef

Get the lead out guys. Who else at this table is going to have Marge come visit and what will she be doing with you?