Dove's Woodshed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, it was so easy to punish my daughter when she was in middle school. Told her the night before to have all of her band stuff ready for a band concert.......long trip and not much time.......I was greeted with hurried and annoyed "I will.......I will.....I will......'s etc., etc., " Sure enough the next afternoon she is running around the house like a chicken without a head finding this and that and me screaming at her to hurry up.......she had done ZIP as far as having everything ready---when she fumbled thru the laundry I had to restrain myself from just letting her have it......then I thought of a more diabolical plan which calmed my nerves..........finally we get into the car and as usual she reaches to put on her favorite music.......oh, no........mon cherie......since you didn't do what I asked you to do and you reassured me that you'd be ready your punishment is to listen to MY music the whole way there and the whole way back......I then turned on my favorite soothing Enya DVD.......and she had no ipod or earplugs to drown out my music.......it was sheer torture for her........if you make me wait for your music then you're listening to mine......for once I was glad that it was a long trip....hahaha

There are few things worse than listening to music that you just don't like. Thats' great. Another great tactic is to amke their own punishment. With my kids, they always picked something out more sever than I would have chosen. And, after the punishment was decided upon, and agreed upon by all parties, I would tell them what I would have chosen. It drove them nuts that there were harder on themselves than I would have been. It also taught them the value of integrity and evaluating choices before you acted, or failed to act on those choices.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

P.S. before anyone gets any ideas, no, I won't choose my own punishment!:ROFLMAO:

LOL, GW.....great tactic.......! But it was so much fun watching her sit there with her mouth all pursed up and her jaw muscles clenching.......believe me she would NOT have chosen to listen to Enya as punishment and I had 5 DVD's..............hahaha......most peaceful and quiet ride I ever had with her........she plans on going to law school so I guess I'd better watch out......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom