"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

I got a bottle off of Amazon and I am wondering it it has been diluted before sale. I used it in the shower this morning at full strength. I did not get any tingling or cooling. I even used it on my most sensitive parts and did not feel a thing. I brushed my teeth with it just to try and it was not unpleasant, but not as refreshing as real toothpaste. If I did not know it was soap I would not have made that association based on brushing my teeth with it.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
Head Chef

Dr. Bronner's makes almond and lavender soap as well as the peppermint--maybe you got one of those?

I use the lavender in the shower--the peppermint is a little too tingly in places, if you know what I mean! :)

Peppermint is good for scrubbing your feet. Dr. Bronner's does not make good shampoo unless your water is really soft--leaves a soap residue.

The writing on the bottle is no where near as loopy as it was thirty-five years ago when I first used it on camping trips. Kind of disappointing, really.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #13
Chief Eating Officer

Oh it is definitely peppermint. It smells very sternly of peppermint and when I first got it I put a drop on my tongue and tasted peppermint the rest of the day. The weird thing is I used more than that one drop to brush my teeth with and did nit get nearly the same effect.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #14
Chief Eating Officer

I picked up a second bottle at Trader Joes. This bottle was 3x the size of the one I got on Amazon for the same price. The new bottle seems much stronger too. My hands feel like I plunged them into ice water after using this batch.