Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Does anyone here use it? What do you like to use it for and what do you not like to use it for?

I've used the Peppermint soap before. It makes a nice bubble bath. The peppermint leaves you feeling quite tingly.

As a side note, the incomprehensible jottings on the bottle make a great read while you're laying there soaking. :LOL:

Dh usez for shower gel
I use it to wash gunky dishes...clean the floors...wash mah makeup brushes

Do you dilute it for dishes or use it straight? Do you find it leaves an oily residue or dies it come off clean?

I used to take it backpacking to use for everything... dishes, hair, toothbrushing. I still use it occasionally to wash wool sweaters. I don't recall any issue with residue on dishes, but it is very concentrated so don't use too much.

How did you like it for your teeth Janet? Almost every review I have read that mentions using it for teeth says in big caps DON'T even though they list it as one of the uses. People say it works but is very unpleasant. Do you feel the same?

How did you like it for your teeth Janet? Almost every review I have read that mentions using it for teeth says in big caps DON'T even though they list it as one of the uses. People say it works but is very unpleasant. Do you feel the same?

It worked.

It was minty but also very soapy tasting - not for the faint of heart. Still, it was better than going to bed with yucky teeth and after a time I got used to it. One side note - it foamed quite a bit and there was good fun to be had scaring gullible friends who were a bit too voyeuristic :LOL:

LOL :)

Well it sounds perfect for camping where space and weight can be an issue.

Omigosh! I'd forgotten about Dr. Bronner's. Buck and I used to camp every chance we could...tent camping, that is and we NEVER left home without a bottle of the stuff. We used it for everything, including brushing our teeth.

One of our greatest sources of entertainment when we were camping was reading the label on the bottle of Dr. Bronner's soap. It's wonderful and hilarious at the same time.

I worked at EMS 30 years ago and we sold it like crazy for camping. I used to camp a lot back then and used it for everything, incl. teeth. It's exactly what it is: brushing your teeth with soap.

I cleaned out my closet the other day and found a full bottle of peppermint that must be 10 years old at least but it seemed fine so I trotted it out for the shower. I mix it with my Origins Ginger body wash and it's pretty nice. By itself it's sorta strong.

I got a bottle off of Amazon and I am wondering it it has been diluted before sale. I used it in the shower this morning at full strength. I did not get any tingling or cooling. I even used it on my most sensitive parts and did not feel a thing. I brushed my teeth with it just to try and it was not unpleasant, but not as refreshing as real toothpaste. If I did not know it was soap I would not have made that association based on brushing my teeth with it.

Dr. Bronner's makes almond and lavender soap as well as the peppermint--maybe you got one of those?

I use the lavender in the shower--the peppermint is a little too tingly in places, if you know what I mean! :)

Peppermint is good for scrubbing your feet. Dr. Bronner's does not make good shampoo unless your water is really soft--leaves a soap residue.

The writing on the bottle is no where near as loopy as it was thirty-five years ago when I first used it on camping trips. Kind of disappointing, really.

Oh it is definitely peppermint. It smells very sternly of peppermint and when I first got it I put a drop on my tongue and tasted peppermint the rest of the day. The weird thing is I used more than that one drop to brush my teeth with and did nit get nearly the same effect.

I picked up a second bottle at Trader Joes. This bottle was 3x the size of the one I got on Amazon for the same price. The new bottle seems much stronger too. My hands feel like I plunged them into ice water after using this batch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom