Drain opener - recommended product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Hi all,

We had a stubbornly clogged drain in our upstairs bathroom sink. The sink isn't used that often, maybe twice a day for handwashing so I was puzzled that it was so badly clogged. A little water wouldn't drain in 6 hours' time.

My husband brought home a bottle of Liquid-Plumr Foaming Pipe Snake. I poured it down the drain. Well, poured it onto the top of the clogged drain. The instructions said to let it sit for an hour. I gave it an extra 30 minutes then flushed with hot water as instructed. Wow! I don't think the drain has ever been this clear in the 12 years we've lived here. So here's the information if you ever need some muscle to unclog a drain.

The label says it contains sodium hypochlorite, sodium hydroxide and hydrogen peroxide and contains no phosphorus. Says not to use in toilets, though.

That's my favorite too!!!!!! Periodically, at the end of the night (say once a month), pour a cup of bleach down the drain. It will really help keep it clear too.

Katie

I have had a lot of plumbing problems recently in my condo and I have learned from experience that the best way to get anything fixed is by a plumber.

I tried fixing somethings by myself and only made them worse.

Have a very nice day.

Jill and Jolie

Thanks for the tips Katie and Kitchenelf!
I've got a slow drain in my upstairs bath also.
Gonna try this!

I wish I seen this 2 weeks ago! I found a product called "hair clog remover" in a big red bottle at Wally World. It's guaranteed to work or your money back. It worked very well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom