"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
Master Chef

Looking over the other responses, I have to add that sometimes I am me at various ages) in a dream. Sometimes I am someone else entirely. Sometimes I am just observing, as though I am watching a play.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
"Constance, About 30 years ago I had a dream John Denver was outside my airplane window - he was just smiling at me" __________________
Oh, that's a little spooky!

I dream alot. I'm am lucky to have my parents with me but I do dream about my grandparents, especially my dear grandmother that passed away 2 years ago after suffering the ravages of Alzheimer's Disease for over 20 years. I used to dream of her for several years b4 she passed. She was healthy, younger and happy. I awoke from those dreams with the feeling that she was telling me everything was O.K., that she wasn't really in her body anymore. It was comforting somehow.

I dream a lot about water, drowning in water, losing everything to water, etc. Funny, I'm very drawn to the seashore or any body of water.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
Master Chef

Isn't that a co-incidence, Pytn? About 30 years ago, my husband (now ex) used to tell me I looked like John Denver.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L
I don't remember too many dreams, but love when I have one with my Mom or Dad in it, (who have passed). I'll wake up and say "it was so good seeing Mom again ! Then I have dreams of people I don't even know ! lol bummer !
The problem with most of my dreams, is that, they seem so real. You know how when you wake up and it seems like it REALLY happened? That doesn't just happen accasionally with me, it's almost every night.
When I dream about my mom, it's very painful and it feels like I have lost her all over again each time I wake up from one with her in it. But, boy, when I'm dreaming, it's the most wonderful feeling being with her again!!!
Other times, I dream about dh being stupid and there have been times that I woke up and yelled at him and wanted to knock his head off!! It isn't funny at the time, at least, not to me, but, it is later. DH thinks it's hilarious!!!

jp, I dream of flying too. It's kind of a weird feeling though. I've never even been in a plane LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 07:41 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Figure This!

When I was in grade school (long, long ago) I remember I dreamed that i married a guy who was in the school but in higher grade. Of course, I thought he was handsome but he never paid attention to me. Well, that morning I told my mother about the dream. Two months later his grandpa and my grandma were in the same funeral parlor together. That sure had some significance or was it just coincidence? Many times we dismiss things that we assume are just that coincidence.

Have any of you heard of Dr Wayne Dyer, on PBS station? He writes about nothing being coincidence. He tells of story of his good friend passing away and he was really feeling so depressed. Then he speaks of walking on beach and having a butterfly land on his finger and would not leave. It was so wonderful feeling that he immediately related the sign of the butterfly as his friend passing. This exact thing happened to me, no dream. When my mom passed everytime I would go outside after supper this butterfly came around. One time when we were all standing around the butterfly landed on me and no one could explain why it picked me. This would happen for almost whole week. When I started to expect it, it was gone. I will never ever forget that as my mother loved butterflies and maybe some kind of message here. You tell my sister about this and she would tell you I spend too much time alone! WE do have our differences.

Oh, I like John Denver too. Wonder how they appear? I am truly greatful you people remember Robert Redford. I sometimes hesitate to tell anyone for fear of them wondering how old I am. After 50, seems you start looking at thing differently.

Sorry to always be so lengthy when I write. Guess I just feel may be important to someone on way we look at life. Hope i haven't told you all this before. I do have tendancy to repeat things sometimes when they mean lot to me.

Thanks for your time.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #16
Senior Cook

i once had this really weird dream about hamsters. i had a hamster cage filled with a bunch of hamsters and there was this one rainbow flashing hamster about the size of a peanut that jumped out and bounced around. it would bounce from my dresser to outside on the fence which was really weird. and i totally remember it. weird
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs
i once had this really weird dream about hamsters. i had a hamster cage filled with a bunch of hamsters and there was this one rainbow flashing hamster about the size of a peanut that jumped out and bounced around. it would bounce from my dresser to outside on the fence which was really weird. and i totally remember it. weird
LOL bugs! Was it singing - Sooomewheeeeaaaaaar oooooover the raaaaaaaainbooooooow...........

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #18
Head Chef

Quote:
... About 30 years ago I had a dream John Denver was outside my airplane window - he was just smiling at me
I remember that episode. In my dream it was Richard Simmons.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Quote:
LOL bugs! Was it singing - Sooomewheeeeaaaaaar oooooover the raaaaaaaainbooooooow...........

haha! no it wasn't. it just said boing boing a lot. lol
Old 07-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs
I hate hamsters. I had one, and my daughter had one. They are vicious!