Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Real Life

I think this is real life! Always thinking of a loved one. How did that leave you feel when you woke up? Must be on your mind all the time?

All this talk of dreams, I can't help but recall some 80s movie in which these telepaths could enter a person's mind... sometimes they could be used to do bad things such as enter a person's dream, kill that person in their dream and cause the person to have a heart attack and die in real life.

I'm pretty sure that I once died in my dream, but I didn't wake up having a heart attack or anything. I was fine.

Recall

HobbitPoster said:
All this talk of dreams, I can't help but recall some 80s movie in which these telepaths could enter a person's mind... sometimes they could be used to do bad things such as enter a person's dream, kill that person in their dream and cause the person to have a heart attack and die in real life.

I'm pretty sure that I once died in my dream, but I didn't wake up having a heart attack or anything. I was fine.

Seeing a movie like that can last a long time in your memory. I surely won't forget Psyco. Have you heard that some people when they dream can actually leave their bodies? I have never talked personally to someone about this only on radio program.

Have you ever seen the tv show Medium? There actually is person like that.

I think I dream a lot, but I dont always remember the dreams, in the morning.
Last week I dreamed that I am pregnant.

Mel

Night before last, I dreamt that I was wearing army boots that were half-filled with melted butter. Just because I wondered if it would be fun to walk around with feet squishing that way.

It wasn't bad, actually.

Lee

QSis said:
Night before last, I dreamt that I was wearing army boots that were half-filled with melted butter. Just because I wondered if it would be fun to walk around with feet squishing that way.

It wasn't bad, actually.

Lee
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You must have been entertained in your dream. Would love a dream like that Qsis.
I dream a lot and remember the dream let's say 70% or the times. There are dreams that you have over and over again and these, I try to find out why. I researched on my dream about my teeth falling out one by one and most websites said it was something to do with worrying about financial security at the time of the dream, and it seemed true as it happened before a purchase or big investment or expensive holiday. I also tend to see my granddad in my dreams whenever I am very unhappy or need guidance and have noone to turn to for some reason:unsure: well I actually don't see him all the time, but his hands mainly (I have no idea why I recognise his hands in the dream) but he puts his hand over mine and when I do see his face, he is smiling as if to reasure me. I wake up a lot happier knowing all will be ok. In My culture, to dream of red meat means you will get news of death of someone you know. I would like to say at this point that it is not true on my part, but it always seems true, so when I dream about red meat, I sit tight and hope the news will be about someone I barely knew.Someone once told me that dreaming of actors is a sign that you are being deceived by someone. No idea if it's true or not.

I usually do not remember my dreams. The little that I do reminds me of detective stories and the scary ones at that. For some reason I dream a lot of them. The other day I had a pleasant dream, and though I do not remember most of that I do remember having a conversation with this girl, whom I have never seen in my life, or at least I don’t remember seeing her ever. I actually was going to start the “dream” thread my self. But since we are talking about dreams here I might as well ask here. So my question is like this: do you think when we dream of a person, it is somebody we have seen in our life or could it be some body we just dreamed up?

Jikoni

Someone once told me that dreaming of actors is a sign that you are being deceived by someone. No idea if it's true or not. Sounds only logical though. Now to know which one it is? You may be so right. I often question most people about their sincerity as I have been deceived so often wanting to think the person is honest.

CharlieD dreaming of someone you don't know may mean you will meet this person. Like knowing the future. For your sake I hope it is. Must be pleasant dreams.

This is just so fascinating topic for me. I truly think dreams are for reason if only we would pay attention. Dreaming of loved one who has passed on is the best. Anyway thanks for sharing.

:) Has anyone ever dreamt something to just actually have it happen in real life?I have but not very often.Its never anything exciting you know like dejavu.

In the Kitchen said:
Someone once told me that dreaming of actors is a sign that you are being deceived by someone. No idea if it's true or not. Sounds only logical though. Now to know which one it is? You may be so right. I often question most people about their sincerity as I have been deceived so often wanting to think the person is honest.
:LOL: Well Brad Pitt and George Clooney can come and deceive me anytime.:LOL:

Jikoni said:
There are dreams that you have over and over again and these, I try to find out why. I researched on my dream about my teeth falling out one by one and most websites said it was something to do with worrying about financial security at the time of the dream, and it seemed true as it happened before a purchase or big investment or expensive holiday.

I have that teeth-falling-out dream, too, Jikoni. Probably twice a year. It's SO upsetting!

Other recurring dreams, all nerve-wracking, are:

- I have failed to learn my lines in a play I'm starring in (I haven't acted in a play since high school and I always learned my lines)

- I have neglected to attend class and/or to study for a college exam and/ or can't find the building the exam was in (I went to U. Mass, Amherst, and though it was a huge campus and I always crammed at the last minute, none of those things ever happened to me).

- I dream of finding many, many homeless kittens, and wonder what the heck I'm going to do with them.

-I'm a little girl again and am driving my brother in our old family car. But I have trouble seeing over the wheel and/or reaching the pedals and the car is speeding, out of control.

I don't think of myself as an anxious person, but maybe I let all my anxiety out through my dreams.

Lee

I believe that when we dream about people who don't know in our dreams then it's just a figment of our imagintion and not actual people that we've met or are going to meet. Not to say that dreams can't be precognitive. Maybe we sometimes dream about a gf/bf that would be our ideal mate, not a real person. Real life people could never measure up to a 'dream girl' or 'dream guy'. :)

Back
Top Bottom