"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Has anyone ever dreamt something to just actually have it happen in real life?I have but not very often.Its never anything exciting you know like dejavu.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #32
Executive Chef

[quote=In the Kitchen]Someone once told me that dreaming of actors is a sign that you are being deceived by someone. No idea if it's true or not. Sounds only logical though. Now to know which one it is? You may be so right. I often question most people about their sincerity as I have been deceived so often wanting to think the person is honest.
Well Brad Pitt and George Clooney can come and deceive me anytime.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM   #33
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikoni
There are dreams that you have over and over again and these, I try to find out why. I researched on my dream about my teeth falling out one by one and most websites said it was something to do with worrying about financial security at the time of the dream, and it seemed true as it happened before a purchase or big investment or expensive holiday.
I have that teeth-falling-out dream, too, Jikoni. Probably twice a year. It's SO upsetting!

Other recurring dreams, all nerve-wracking, are:

- I have failed to learn my lines in a play I'm starring in (I haven't acted in a play since high school and I always learned my lines)

- I have neglected to attend class and/or to study for a college exam and/ or can't find the building the exam was in (I went to U. Mass, Amherst, and though it was a huge campus and I always crammed at the last minute, none of those things ever happened to me).

- I dream of finding many, many homeless kittens, and wonder what the heck I'm going to do with them.

-I'm a little girl again and am driving my brother in our old family car. But I have trouble seeing over the wheel and/or reaching the pedals and the car is speeding, out of control.

I don't think of myself as an anxious person, but maybe I let all my anxiety out through my dreams.

Lee
Old 08-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #34
Assistant Cook

I believe that when we dream about people who don't know in our dreams then it's just a figment of our imagintion and not actual people that we've met or are going to meet. Not to say that dreams can't be precognitive. Maybe we sometimes dream about a gf/bf that would be our ideal mate, not a real person. Real life people could never measure up to a 'dream girl' or 'dream guy'. :)