Drinking and Driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef_Jimmy

Senior Cook
Alright, not trying to sound like a nagging mother, but if ya'll go out tonight and get all tore up, don't drive! with the obvious danger aside, tonight is the #1 night for DUIs. like i said i'm not trying to nag, i'll definately be :wacko: not right, but i'm not driving. Have fun and happy st. patty's day!

Great advice!!
Too many people are killed or seriously injured in alchohol related accidents. Make sure that if you don't have a designated driver, call a cab. Have fun, but, be smart about it.

Chef_Jimmy said:
Alright, not trying to sound like a nagging mother, but if ya'll go out tonight and get all tore up, don't drive! with the obvious danger aside, tonight is the #1 night for DUIs. like i said i'm not trying to nag, i'll definately be :wacko: not right, but i'm not driving. Have fun and happy st. patty's day!

I agree! We WILL be out tonight, but I won't be drinking, so I just need to watch out for the 'other' guys.

Tonight's the #1 night though? Hmm, I had it figured for New Years Eve or the night before Thanksgiving around here. Doesn't make it any less good advice though!

John

Know your city ordinances as well as any state drinking laws. I did a ride along with St. Paul PD and caught a guy with open bottle drinking while walking. It's illegal to openly drink alcohol while walking down the street in St. Paul.

This is all wise advice, because whatever tolerance levels the police may have towards inebriated (sp?) people will not be present tonight!

Chef_Jimmy said:

Great advice! Thanks for nagging, Dad ;)

the police in nyc use the red lights near the entrances to the tunnels and bridges out of the city to walk up to cars and take a whiff of the drivers. that way it's totally random, no profiling or prejudice of any kind. and no possible cause for questioning is needed. you're stuck at the light and they're just doing a "registration and inspection check". if they're stinkin of booze, they're on their way to the tombs for the night.

you'd have to be stupid to try and drink and drive in nyc today. if you do, be sure to use the 11th ave entrance to the lincoln tunnel...:-p there's much nicer cops there, and the paddy wagons are cleaner...

Chef_Jimmy said:

Don't drink and drive, period!

you let your chickens drive pdswife?

don't you remember what happened the last time you forgot to close the coop?

Anyone remember Sam Kinison? Big comedy guy at the end of the 80s?
He used to joke about how DUMB it is NOT to drive home after going to the bar.

Guess why he isnt around anymore. :ermm:

actually, he was killed by a drunk driver. he had been clean and sober for a few months before being killed in the accident.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom