Driving Mom Crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Spike and I were talking tonight about some of the things he and his cousins like to do to drive my sister crazy. Like drink milk out of the carton. Now who of us hasn't done that. But Spike had a few others of his own. Like drinking water out of the spray hose. Licking his fingers at the table. Not using a saucer with a cup. Standing at the fridge with the door open. Using a dish towel instead of a napkin to wipe his mouth. Taking a new clean glass each time for a drink of water.

So he said that this would be a good subject for the forum. I agree.

Anyone have tales of driving Mom crazy in the kitchen? :angel:

My mother drove me crazy every time she attempted to cook us a meal. She was a horrible cook.

I remember Mom going on an expedition from time to time foraging in our bedrooms for silverware, glasses, dishes etc...

Mom coming home from work and walking from room to room finding the lights on, stereo playing, TV etc and finding us all in the backyard!

Standing in front of a full refrigerator with the door open whining that there was nothing to eat.

Running the washer and drier with only a few items.

Being on the telephone, nuff said!

Having us go through a dinner that took most of the day to make and heading out the door in 15 minutes. Same thing happened with the results of a mornings baking. Sort of like a plague of locusts! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
One thing my youngest did that drove me nuts was he hoarded food. The boys shared a room and he had the top bunk. The mattress was shorter than the bed frame and he would slide the mattress to one end and have a little shelf between the mattress and the headboard. I'd go to make the bed and find granola bars, raisin boxes, fruit roll-ups etc. stashed in there. They were still packaged but he would have 5 or 6 different snacks up there. I have no idea why he did that. It wasn't like I wouldn't let him have something if he asked. You'd think he was starved or something seeing his stash!

I remember Mom going on an expedition from time to time foraging in our bedrooms for silverware, glasses, dishes etc...

Mom coming home from work and walking from room to room finding the lights on, stereo playing, TV etc and finding us all in the backyard!

Standing in front of a full refrigerator with the door open whining that there was nothing to eat.

Running the washer and drier with only a few items.

Being on the telephone, nuff said!

Having us go through a dinner that took most of the day to make and heading out the door in 15 minutes. Same thing happened with the results of a mornings baking. Sort of like a plague of locusts! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I can understand your mother's frustration. My kids would sit down with one leg over the side of the chair so they could run out the door if one of their friends called for them. Then they would complain because I didn't make a meal they could take with them. Hard to run out the door with a bowl of beef stew. Sorry, I didn't allow them to take the dishes out of the home. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom