Driving test question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texasgirl

Master Chef
My oldest son failed his test by one question.
The question is:
If you damage an unattended property, what do you do.
a. Leave
b. Leave name and number
c. Wait for the owner to come back and give name, number and insurance information.

He answered c.

In his handbook, It gives the following information
If you damage an unattended vehicle, you must either locate the owner or leave your name, address, the name of the owner of the vehicle you are driving and a statement of what happened on the damaged vehilce where the owner will find it.
If you damage property, you must make a reasonable effort to locate the owner to give him all the necessary information.
IMO, there are two correct answers to this question. Am I wrong in feeling this way? I am tempted to take the handbook to the DPS and try to get that answered turned.
I would like all of your honest opinions on this.

I'd go to the DMV (I guess that would be your DPS) and ask.

To me, it looks like your son was trying to be the most honorable of the three.

looks like 2 correct answers to me too. as jkath mentioned it looks like your son was doing the most honest thing he could do, how can that be wrong ?

Since you guys seem to agree with me, I'm going to be calling them tomorrow. It probably won't do any good as far as his score, but, maybe they will change their answers for future tests so that there won't be any confusion with it. Thanks for your opinions!

It sounds like the correct answer would be "B" but with the addition of - If owner cannot be found then leave name, number, insurance information. I really think that technically to say you have to wait until the owner shows up wouldn't be right - what if they were on vacation for 2 weeks? But I think the correct answer needs to include "try to locate owner and if you can't then..." JMHO

Who would wait for the owner to come back? It could be hours! I'd leave my name and number, and once the person calls me back then I would give them my insurance info. Definately go back to motor vechicles.

amber said:
Who would wait for the owner to come back? It could be hours!

I think that's the issue - that is the answer he chose. But like you said I think the correct answer needs to include - either find the owner and if you can't leave your name and number. The issue is the "unattended property" meaning you're most likely not going to find the person anyway.

I agree Kitchenelf. Anyone would have chose either B or C, unless your a mean person and chose A :LOL: :mrgreen: :ROFLMAO:

amber said:
I agree Kitchenelf. Anyone would have chose either B or C, unless your a mean person and chose A :LOL: :mrgreen: :ROFLMAO:

And my legs aren't long enough to choose A - they'd catch up with me in no time! :LOL:

Some of those questions on the test are downright ridiculous. I think what they were trying to say is - if you just leave a name and number - DUH - that doesn't say what for/why. Could be the Avon Lady. He must have gotten a real tight a$$, because missing by one question - and the nature of the question, he/she could have verbally asked the question again, when he brought his test to the desk. They are overcrowded as is, the person collecting the test is doing DMV a dis-service. Now he has to come back for one question.

I was shocked when I had to go down there. Hadn't been to DMV for years. The place was so crowded in L.A. it looked like an airport, with people lined up around the corner and TV monitors. I had to wait, and I had an appointment. DMV - Grrrrrrrrrrr.

P.S. I think they are all incorrect.
Leave a name and number, with insurance info, w short description of why you are leaving the note - and don't go into detail. And, for goodness sake, call your insurance co & if need be the police.

Last edited:
I would have picked B, but I think B or C are both correct answers. Let us know what happens when you call.

I knew one gal that bragged she scored 100%, after she took the manual and the test into the restroom. :angel:

DMV should mail us the test, and we'll leave them our name and number.:LOL:

Last edited:
If they are anything like the testers here, they will look for any reason to fail a young male the first time around. Just to keep them off the road a bit longer, and to make them less cocky when they get out there driving. At least that is the scuttlebutt I heard from folks who are in the know.

They said that because the test is computerized that they can not change it. I told them that would be a good idea before they fail someone else over this question and any other that are like this to get SOMEONE to change it.
Oh well, I will be throwing questions at him all week and see if he is ready to try again on Friday. Thanks all of you!!

Texasgirl,

Glad you told them to change the question for any future people so they dont have to fail the test. Good idea to give him some questions to test him by this week. Good luck to him on the test Friday! Tell us how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom