"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Prayers, hugs and God's speed to you both. My oldest son will be 36 in December and I still remember crying as I put him on the school bus for his first day of kindergarten. It's all bittersweet. Best part, you had him. Think of how much you'd have missed if you hadn't.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:51 PM   #12
Master Chef

Thank you so much!! I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to let him go. I can't seem to stop crying right now. I don't know when he'll be back. Christmas is going to be awful!!!!!!!!!
DH hugged him for the first time in so long! I don't remember the last time I saw that.
Thank you again!!

BT, thansh for the laugh!!

Old 10-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz
Why is he avoiding Tennessee? Some of the greatest people in the world moved from Texas and now live in Tennessee. ;)
No, it's not that I didn't want him going into Tennessee, it's because he would have had 3 transfers and 4 very long layovers that route. This one doesn't have any layovers and only has the 2 transfers. We went through Tennessee years ago. It takes forever to get through it. But it's pretty.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #14
Master Chef

where is he going?
I wish him all the best and I'm sure you will survive ;o)
he is not the small boy anymore and will find his own life ;o)
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Sheesh, I almost fell of the chair when I read the title of your post. I though Deadly Sushi was leaving today.

Texasgirl, I wish your son well and I pray for his safe journey. Letting go is hard. I didn't want to let go of my grandson when he went off to college in September. But he is doing well. Hugs to you...............Linda
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #16
Master Chef

Thank you, Linda!! and sorry, LOL
Cara, he is going to be in the area of Greensboro, North Carolina. A looooooong way from momma!!! It will be good for him and make him grow up and be that man I know that he can be!!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:34 PM   #17
Master Chef

TG, hmm... so he is still within civilisation ;o)
we all made our first steps, don't forget.. but I know it's hard for Mums, even my Mum suffered, although I was just moving two streets ahead ;o)
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Tg I know this is bittersweet but in the end it'll all work out for the best.
I wish him well. You're a strong woman and you'll make it through this
rough patch. Until then just hang in there.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #19
Senior Cook

I wish you both well and I feel for you. It won't be long until mine goes away.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #20
Master Chef

TG; My youngest daughter jsut moved from Michigan, my home, to Washington State. She did it to surround herself with people who shared her values and dreams, the same dreams and values her mother & I share. Of course we were worried, and it was hard to say goodbye. There were tears, and I still half expect to hear her car pulling into the driveway. But she has gotten a job she loves, and has surrounded herself with good people and quality freinds. I know that she had to leave to grow, to blossom into the great young woman that she is becoming.

My advice to your son is to surround himself with good people. If he does that, he will grow into the best man that he can be. And yes, he, just like all of us, had to move away to become himself, to find out who he is.

He will remember yours and his father's love, and you values. That will help carry him a long way. And expect phone calls.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote