"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Dumb Blonde--Not a Joke!

First I want to say that I have no problems with blondes--I was raised by one and I raised one! Read this article about a blonde who sued over hair dye: Blonde sues L'Oreal over brown dye - Weird news - MSNBC.com. I'm not saying that she should not be angry if the package really was mismarked, but I believe she went a little over the top!

Barbara

Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Master Chef

oh good lord, come on!!! Jeez, I would rather be brunette anyway, lol, I was blonde until 16 and my color changed, lol

Old 10-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Master Chef

I realize it's not a joke but I couldn't help but chuckle as I read this. I could easily twist it and turn it into a joke....
Old 10-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Poor baby. Give me a break. Look like the judge gave her a well deserved piece of 'humble pie'.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Head Chef

Seems to me that this lady should look on the bright side. She can no longer be called a dumb blonde.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I realize it's not a joke but I couldn't help but chuckle as I read this. I could easily twist it and turn it into a joke....
Yep, it's not a joke, but she sure is! One thing I found interesting was that she was upset that she would never be able to return to her natural blonde hue. Why not? And if she was already blonde, and happy with her "natural blonde hue", why dye it blonde? I think she just wanted to sue someone for some "easy" money.

Barbara
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Yep, it's not a joke, but she sure is! One thing I found interesting was that she was upset that she would never be able to return to her natural blonde hue. Why not? And if she was already blonde, and happy with her "natural blonde hue", why dye it blonde? I think she just wanted to sue someone for some "easy" money.

Barbara
My thoughts exactly. I know nothing about dying hair, but I would guess that you would not dye it your natural color. I do know something about hair growing, and I'm guessing that the reasoning that she will never be able to return to a blonde, defies the growth pattern. Also, can't you dye the hair you dyed brown blonde? or is there some knowledge that I do not have? If you opened a package of dye and it looked too dark, wouldn't you maybe be suspicious?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
Master Chef

So anyway.....

A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a woman police officer who was also a blonde. The blonde cop asked to see the blonde driver's license.

She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated. 'What does it look like?' she finally asked

The policewoman replied, 'It's square and it has your picture on it..'

The driver finally found a square mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman. 'Here it is,' she said.

The blonde officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, OK, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #9
Master Chef

hahaha!!!!!
sincerely, she must be kinda ditzy...

like she couldn't of just gottten her hair bleached/toned to its former state.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

That was goooood, roadfix!