Dummy Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I picked up my curling iron by the WRONG END yesterday, and burned the heck out of my hand. I got it on ice immediately, and salved it with fresh aloe from my greenhouse, and kept doing that for 8 hours. The ice and aloe killed the pain, and kept part of it from blistering, but I still have giant blisters on my thumb and ring finger, and several spots that just look scalded.

You know it's bad enough when you get hurt, but when you do it to yourself, it really makes you feel like and idiot.

OUCH!!! So sorry, Connie. Not stupid/silly. Accidents happen. I actually walked into a plate glass door, the glass was so clear/transparent. Boy, did my head hurt when i bounced off it. Hope you're healed up very soon.

That sounds very painful, hope it heals fast for you.....are you going to pop the blisters? OUCHIE!!!!!

mish said:
OUCH!!! So sorry, Connie. Not stupid/silly. Accidents happen. I actually walked into a plate glass door, the glass was so clear/transparent. Boy, did my head hurt when i bounced off it. Hope you're healed up very soon.

that happened to me when I was young - I still have scarves from it at me knee.. :rolleyes:

connie, get well soon!!

Thank you friends. The ice and aloe helped, but it's very sore.
I'm going to try not to pop the blisters, Icy. They are pretty deep, and it would be better to let them dry up on their own.

I tried to get dressed this morning...even got my back brace buckled with one hand...but couldn't get my britches pulled up, so I decided not to fight it, and have been hanging out in my caftan all day. I did manage to get my hair pulled up in a bun and my make-up and earrings on before Kim got home. I try to keep myself up for him the best I can.
I may be a granny, but at least I can try to be a cute granny.

Mish and Cara, I have patio doors, but I don't think you'd have to worry about walking through them, as they usually have enough finger and paw prints to make them quite visible.

constance that was a typical day in my family while growing up. i'm a klutz as was my sister. my dad was a mechanic so it was nothing for hime to come home with a smashed finger or a dent on his head lol. hope your hand feels better soon

I feel your pain... I'm a huge klutz, you know how you've seen people in the movies step on a rack and have it hit them in the head? I've done it, I'm almost famous for the klutziness in this area lol... at least you sound like its a rare enough event for you...

I did the exact same thing thinking I had turned it off. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom