Durian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Saw a "Chopped" episode today where they had to cook with it.

Several years ago we were in Philly with my brother at the Asian market. We saw this huge porcupine fruit thing, and when I asked what it was, I did not understand. So I had to buy it. Took it back to Bro's place, where we eagerly cut it open. Talk about stink! OMG, rotting corpses come to mind! Bro's new wife was going to let it stay in the kitchen, I insisted we put it outside. I did taste it, and it really wasn't bad, but the smell!

It is called the "Fruit of Kings". The Kings can have it!

The smell really is horrible. My kids enjoy the taste and did not notice the smell being bad. I think their noses are broken.

I sure do wish we had a place nearby that sold such exotic items. I reckon the nearest place I can find items like that is in Norfolk. It's about 70 or so miles from here.
Every time we go, I have a rather long list of stuff to look for. Most times, the list is too long and I have to pick and choose what I will bring home.

Hoot said:
I sure do wish we had a place nearby that sold such exotic items. I reckon the nearest place I can find items like that is in Norfolk. It's about 70 or so miles from here.
Every time we go, I have a rather long list of stuff to look for. Most times, the list is too long and I have to pick and choose what I will bring home.

Not sure you would like this item. Though it does kinda taste like tapioca pudding. No one else in our party was willing to taste it.

Not sure if roadkill smells ever improve the more they rot. It's mooshy and not bad tasting if you can get beyond the aroma.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom