Early Puberty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Mav, what is your priority list like? We know that nutrition is top of my list and the BGH thing doesn't much register with me. I do think other environmental factors may play a role, but not sure what they might be.

Nutrition, weight, genes, then outside influences such as rBGH, GM or GE foods, etc. If they were required by law to label them, I would definitely avoid them, but unfortunately Monsanto and others won the right to not have to tell us what all they are putting into our food, or even what all they are doing to it... which doesn't really smack of confidence in product safety to me either.
Not to mention the choice should be ours, not theirs, to make as to whether or not we want to consume them.

:) Well, blah, blah, blah, blah woof, woof I still say one should try to get their foods in the most original natural forms you can get if you can get it. Look at all the processed foods people buy and we know that is bad. Companies are out to make as much money as they can and screw the people that buy it. One example is trans fat we ate it for years totally clueless thinking it was OK since the label said it was cholesterol free. It's all driven by profits for these companies by producing as much food as fast as they can with as little investment possible which includes hormones, steroids, and preservatives etc and the end product usually has little nutrition as well. I don't really care what all the studies say I believe in natural foods that have not been messed around with. Not to say I don't buy foods that are clean as I have no clue what was done with it.
Oh and yes most produce has absolutely no flavor due to the screwing around with. Ask any european who tastes our produce, they do not like it simply because all our produce is grown to be bug free, look good and to not spoil for a long time and the trade off is flavor and nutrition. So I do not care to read the studies etc. As far as milk, cheese and meat I believe the same that stuff has been screwed around with as well.

Last edited:
How can anyone be surprised that the processed foods, which are full of tons of chemicals that really were never intended to be ingested or which our bodies have absolutely ZERO need for, screw up our systems? Common sense should tell us that.

One can't be paranoid or scared. But there are tons of alternative to opening a box or a bag!!

Just look at what is listed on a pouch of "mashed potatoes". It about makes me gag just to read it. I can make mashed potatoes at home with three ingredients. All of them easy to pronounce. And none of them containing crap that isn't even food.

BGH has been associated with the earlier onset of puberty for quite some time. It makes sense to me ... if you're shoveling hormones into a cow to make it produce tons more milk than it normally would of course those chemicals are going to show up in the milk.

Another thing is that part of those cows regular diet is also huge doses of antibiotics which they don't get because the are sick, they get them because the huge cow factories [sorry, can't even call them farms] are so full of filth that it's considered more efficient just to drug them up so that nothing can make them sick. But wait. If you're fed antibiotics constantly, you become immune. So then you have to take more and stronger kinds.

Everything that an animal eats is passed right along to you. There are very strong ties between the squalid overuse of antibiotics in the farm factory industry and the super-bugs which people catch that are very very resistant to antibiotics given to humans. People's bodies are getting just as saturated with them as the animals.

Look at the huge (and growing) dead spot in the Gulf of Mexico which is a direct result of chemical runoff from the lush fields of the mid-West into the lakes and rivers which feed into the Mississippi. Fields which grow the grain we feed our animals and our families. And then try to tell me that stuff doesn't / can't / won't have an effect on us ...

There are tons of really good, fact-based books out there about what is going on with our food. Read The Omnivore's Dilemma for a truly insightful look at what goes on when Michael Pollen tries to see just what it takes to get food on our table. Its incredible. And sad.

I realize that it would impossible to grow every morsel of food that we put into our mouths ourselves in our backyards. Or even to know the person that did grow it. But there is a huge difference between making good, sensible food choices and blindly shoveling whatever you come across in the grocery store or fast food restaurant into your mouth and not expecting any repercussions from doing so.

:heart:
Z

I realize that it would impossible to grow every morsel of food that we put into our mouths ourselves in our backyards. Or even to know the person that did grow it. But there is a huge difference between making good, sensible food choices and blindly shoveling whatever you come across in the grocery store or fast food restaurant into your mouth and not expecting any repercussions from doing so.

:heart:
Z

I agree, an furthermore I think this IS intrinsic to the OP, in preparimg young people to best care for these changing bodies, helping furnish their minds with the education they need to provide good nutrition for there newly adult bodies. Its also true that good nutrition can help iwth some of those hormonal fluctuations, in grown women too.

FWIW I was a 'victim' of early puberty. I was my full adult hieght and a bit heavuer than later normal adult weight at 11 and thats when I first menstrated. A full 4 years earlier than mother and half sister, but later in physical development ie, I just didn't grow any after that point whereas my mother and sister did! refernce to weight, my mother also had puppy fat, my sister didn't, and so genes and weight accounted for, diet as somewhat different, mainlyrelating to farming practises rather than food choices.

I believe there is some relation to early physical developement and the increasing feminisation of the world (loads of studies, some good some hysterical about oestrognisation of waterways etc etc).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom