Earthquakes in Bonin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Has anyone besides me been watching the ongoing earthquakes here.

Over the last few days there have been more than 100 full size earthquakes over 4.5 on the Richter Scale.

The first one was 7.4 That's huge. Yesterday there was a 6.3

The opinion is that the lunar eclipse probably started it off.

Fortunately, they are far enough away from the population centers that although Tokyo felt it, it caused no harm.

Here's the USGS official site:

Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

I don't watch the news during the holidays. It's depressing.

I don't ever watch news either, but a month or two ago, a neighbor asked me if I'd heard about a major earthquake. I looked it up on the internet and found the USGS site and became fascinated with the daily rumblings of Mother Earth.

This particular instance isn't harming anyone, but boy, oh boy, Momma Earth must have an itch.

Last edited:
that is to bad. have been in a few here. only one caused damage when i lived but calif. has had some bad ones.

California has been getting a few, but low on the scale. That is a good thing. If the continental plate moves slow, but steady it's a lot better than when the pressure builds up and moves all of a sudden.

I do really think that the total eclipse got things moving. That's a lot of gravity pulling on Earth when the sun, moon and Earth are aligned like that.

Back
Top Bottom