East Coast: Meteor Showers Peaking After Midnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm heading to the roof shortly. unfortunately, light pollution sucks in nyc.

i love going camping during the leonids in the fall.

Yeah, TAtt. Our weatherman mentioned this in his 10 o'clock report. We're not anywhere near the east coast, but our skies are generally very, very clear, so we may see some fun stuff anyhow. Nothin' like Mother Nature's fireworks!

I am in the process of watching/capturing them on cam, just needed a refill.

The skies were cloudy a little bit ago, but now they are clear. The city lights are NOT helping though, grrr...the things we take for granted...see a couple of them zingers, so back out I go.

If I some how manage to get a cool shot, I'll be sure to post it/them in this thread.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to watch...knowing the best viewing was between midnight and dawn. It was so overcast this morning that I couldn't see a thing. I believe I get 4 more opportunities to catch the show this week; so I'll try each morning. I know last night was supposed to be the best... Oh well. Better luck tomorrow morning.

How did you do?

For the first time it was not overcast here and we could sit out on the deck and look. We saw several, really bright and had long tails. I love this stuff. Can't wait until the 27th!

I have all the radio and scanner aparatus set up here with recording instruments, I`m not sure I`ll be awake (this goes on until at least Friday if my data is correct), so I look forwards to interesting results! :)

if anyone has a LongWave radio that requires an Antenna then tune to the lowest frequency where there is no station, and set up a longwire antenna for it, you Should be able to pick up some of the stronger signals also :)

I wish I could stay up that late, I would love to see it. I am a morning person and its early to bed early to rise ! Bummer Enjoy all, and let us know how it was.

Guess who had loads of rain all night :(
neither eyeballs nor instruments picked up a thing, so it looks like I`ll have to wait until mid November now and hopefully catch the Leonid meteors instead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom