Eating Corn on the cob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Hubby and I had corn on the cob the other night, which got me to thinking, do you eat your cob across typewriter style or eat it downwards.
hubby does typewriter style and I eat it downwards.

I'm like you Lady, and eat down and not across. My hubby likes to butter his all at once and like to butter a section, eat it and butter the next section and eat it.

the only down side to the typewriter method is getting butter all over the little bell at the end of a row.

Typewriter style....all the way to the other end....Ding!.....Rotate...chatter, chatter, chatter ...Ding!....Wipe chin off from dripping butter...Repeat the process!

I always ate cotc typewriter style until last August when I got braces...now I cut it off the cob. Next summer I will go back to typewriter style, and get all the kernels cause my teefs will be in line! yea me!!!

Typewriter style....all the way to the other end....Ding!.....Rotate...chatter, chatter, chatter ...Ding!....Wipe chin off from dripping butter...Repeat the process!

I'm definitely with ya, Uncle Bob.:mrgreen: And I don't chew until my cheeks are stuffed, like a chipmunk.:ROFLMAO:

What a cool question. It reminds me of just how fun, and funny quirks can be.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

As I am used to hide from KGB (note the difference it is K and only then GB, not our dear friend GB). I eat the corn in the same manner; I jump from place to place so nobody could figure out the pattern. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom