Eating Hot Chili Peppers Is good for your health says new study...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
The Association of Hot Red Chili Pepper Consumption and Mortality: A Large Population-Based Cohort Study

From link:

In this large prospective study, we observed an inverse relationship between hot red chili pepper consumption and all-cause mortality, after adjusting for potential confounders. Adults who consumed hot red chili peppers had a 13% lower hazard of death, compared to those who did not. These results add to the literature by corroborating the main results of an earlier study [18]. They are distinct in that they are drawn from a different population and thus support the generalizability of the protective effects of hot red chili peppers.

It looks like they've found a correlation, but not a causal relationship. And this is the second study to examine this question. More research needed :)

Hillary ate hot peppers because she thought they kept her healthy. I don't know if it was the red ones or the green ones she ate.

Hillary?

Lol, Whisk. Literally.

People have thought hot peppers were healthy for a long time. I think it's supposed to burn out whatever ails ya, but it's probably more about the weird (and mostly unproven) cardiovascular effects that capsaicin has, or might have.

Nonetheless, I love spicy food, so I hope the theories are right. I add dried hot peppers to food whenever I can.

I'm happy to see I'm going to be around forever. ;)

I love hot and spicy. :yum:

My only problem is that sometimes hot and spicy doesn't love me. :(

I hear ya, Zagut. I had some leftover buffalo wings for a snack this morning. They were from an assortment of bbq and hot buffalo wings we ordered at a restaurant on Saturday. We ate the bbq ones at the restaurant, and took home the buffalo wings. Boy, they weren't kidding when they said HOT buffalo style.

One or two of them were just crusted in a fiery chili powder as well as the normal hot sauce.

I had wacky dreams all afternoon as I tried to sleep. They must have used dried Guatemalan insanity peppers. I felt like I swallowed little knives for a while.

But yay, I'm going to live longer. With aggida.

Pirate just love highly seasoned food. He had to stop eating due to Gerd. Well he has been put on a medication for it and now he is back to his normal eating habits. Bring on the heat!

Back
Top Bottom