Edema

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stacy, are you still having the sharp pain? I hope things go well with your appointment Friday. I'm concerned about your kidneys and your heart. The pressure across your shoulder could be signs of heart attack. Women have more subtle symptoms and different ones from men when it comes to heart attacks. Before your appointment, sit down and write out all your symptoms, your questions, your concerns. Try to put things in chronolgical order as best you can. When you first noticed, how things changed over time etc. This will help you to give the doctor a clearer picture of what has been going on. Sometimes, docs will ask you a question and then latch onto the first thing you say as the major problem and not pay attention to whatelse you say. They may jump in with conclusions without having heard everything that is important. That is why writing things down will help. You can even hand this to the doctor to read. He'll probably be able to get a better picture that way and won't be as likely to interupt as when he's listening to you talk. I worked as an RN for 25 years half of them in doctor's offices so I know how they are with patients. Don't be afraid to stop them if you aren't finished or don't understand.

no pain today, must have been just upset stomach or something.
going to cardio tomorrow. My main thing right now is the pitting. it's back . it goes away by sunday after being off for3 days and resting, then, by wednesday, back up again.

no pain today, must have been just upset stomach or something.
going to cardio tomorrow. My main thing right now is the pitting. it's back . it goes away by sunday after being off for3 days and resting, then, by wednesday, back up again.
:) You also want to rule out panic attacks. With all the garbage you have been thru you may be developing them. I used to get terrible panic/anxiety attacks which can include tightening in the shoulders and neck trouble breathing as you are starting to hyper ventilate and many other symptoms however Edema is not one of them. Once they rule out all the other stuff then see if that might be part of the the problem.

Last edited:
It sounds like it's a circulation problem in your legs. If they are swelling that bad after being up on them for 3 days then when you can elevate them for 3 days the swelling goes down, seems like your body can't get the blood back to your heart while standing. You may need to get some special stockings to wear. At any rate, be sure to let the doc know everything then let us know what he says.

yeap, gonna tell him everything. he'll probably think i'm a hypocondriac,lol
You go, girl! Just think of it as really getting your money's worth! But remember, we want a full report back on what he says. And if he tries that hypochondriac crap, you just send him to us and we'll set him straight!

Just finished reading all this.
Good luck today at the DR and I really hope you get some answers!

Ok, nothing medically wrong to blame for the edema. He said that some people just retain and don't have anything wrong and that of course, would be me. lol
He got all the test results from Saturday and went over them with me. It was tested for all kinds of stuff, enzymes, electrolytes... I can't remember it all, lol, but, there is no sign of disease anywhere. what we are going to do now is change my meds again. He put me on a diuretic, Triam/HCTZ, a form of Dyazide. It is suppose help with the palps too. I personally think this is the cause of the chest pain. If that alone doesn't get rid of the fluid and palps, he gave me a prescription of my Verapamil to take also.
So, I'm good, scared me, but, I guess it's good I did. At least I know there isn't anything wrong now. lol thanks for your concern!!

Try pineapple, asparagus, apricots, stinging-nettle-tea, onions or rice, the should work against the edema..
You find compression hosiery over there in your shops? They do really help.
Make contrast baths (? = warma nd cold).

do you get Bach Flowers in the states? Or schuessler salts?

you should try some of this...

How bout those leg exercisers? The ones you wrap around your legs down by the ankles and a pump inflates and deflates them? It is supposed to help keep the swelling down and help with circulation, but I have no idea if they are available outside of the hospital.

Hey, TG. I'm glad you went to the doctor and got fairly good news :)

If you can't find the automatic leg compression machine outside the hospital, your doctor may be able to arrange one for you. The compression stockings someone mentioned will help, too. I used those last year for a similar condition, although we figured out the cause of mine. You can get them at a pharmacy. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom