"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Exclamation Eeeek! now I need some help/prayers

My Cat "Reboot" is missing?
She`s over 10 years old and hasn`t been seen since yesterday evening, it`s hit Freezing temps outside last night, the Other cat is Meowing for her, she`s Not in the house?

the flashlight needs recharging now and it`s dark outside, I`m night blind and can`t see

we`ve let the other cat out to see if he can find her, my wife`s there with him too.

this isn`t looking good!

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Good luck!! Prayers are being sent. Hopefully she's just hiding in a nice warm place and will return in the mornings light. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
My Cat "Reboot" is missing?
She`s over 10 years old and hasn`t been seen since yesterday evening, it`s hit Freezing temps outside last night, the Other cat is Meowing for her, she`s Not in the house?

the d4mn flashlight needs recharging now and it`s dark outside, I`m night blind and can`t see

we`ve let the other cat out to see if he can find her, my wife`s there with him too.

this isn`t looking good!
Oh YT,
I'm sorry, hugs and prayers coming your way. Hope Reboot is cuddled up someplace keeping warm and will respond when the other cat meows for him.

kadesma
Old 01-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I know how that feels YT - I will say a prayer that you find Reboot soon!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Oh YT! She's warm somewhere and hopefully she'll turn up hungry in the morning. 10 is young for a cat in this day and age...she may be on the prowl.

Have you called the shelters and talked to the neighbors?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, YT, I know how stressful it can be when one of your "babies" is missing. Buck, all of our kitties and I will send good kitty vibes for Reboot's safe homecoming.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #7
Executive Chef

YT, I hope Reboot is out somewhere and will return shortly. I dread to think of what it would be like for you if you lost her. My mil just lost her favourite cat yesterday. She had been crying for days before his demise. Hope things turn out well for you!
Old 01-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
Senior Cook

My mother's cat "Copper" used to go missing and drive her crazy with worry, he always came back - lived until he was 17. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
Executive Chef

YT, prayers are on the way. Just yesterday i have a very odd cat story. A cat just moved into my porch area. My resident cat lives in the barn, but my cat appears in front of one green house window when he wants fed. Well, this new cat was in Singers' place in the window. And something else was also strange about it. I just checked some photographs I took 1 1/2 years ago of a cat who moved in for several months and then vanished, and it is the same cat! Only this time this new cat is quite tame, was wild the first time. The weather had turned quite cold here also. cats are doing odd things. Hope yours turns up soon, keep us posted.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Thanks each! it worked!

She`s back, all bits of conifer and twigs stuck in her fur and shivering a little, but she`s Back! :)

ordinarily I wouldn`t have a problem with a cat doing this, however for 9 years she`s never been ouside, and always stayed in the Lab (13 floors up you can imagine Why), when we moved here (ground level) there is a back garden/postage stamp.
they didn`t go outside at all for the 1`st few weeks and then only a few metres from the door.
she must have gotten locked out last night when I let my friend out the back gate with his bicycle (safer than leaving it at the front).

I`ve had that cat longer than I`ve had my wife!
That cat kept me company in the Lab after the motorbike accident that left somewhat crippled in April 96, she was "Unwanted" also, that`s why I had her.

anyway, car battery in back-pack, with an old headlamp bulb made a great torch and she was behind my shed in a little "nest" thingy.

time to crack open a can of Best Salmon me thinks :)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote