Egging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you medtran. Would love to see some of your eggs. I'm pretty sure you will put me to shame knowing what intricate work you can do!

taxy, I download to my 'puter first. But even when I do and turn the picture, save it, then load to DC - it goes back to the original format.

taxy, I download to my 'puter first. But even when I do and turn the picture, save it, then load to DC - it goes back to the original format.

How do you download to your 'puter? I usually download my pix from Google Pictures on the web, after I make any changes to the photo. I think Samsung must be doing some of their encoding in a non-standard way. I wonder if rotating the picture in Google Pictures and then downloading it would fix the problem.

Way over my head, leave that to my sons. :angel:
I'll just try to remember to take pics in both directions so you guys don't have to turn your monitors on their sides. :LOL:

"bump"
Been quite a while since I've done any 'egging'. Not that it hasn't been on my mind - a lot! Of course, with a recuperating hand, I suddenly get the urge, arghh.

My doctor's name is Willoughby... Willough is a derivative of an old English/Norman name of Willow, the tree.
Penciled only, think I might have a problem with details of willow tree being very close. Can only try, I guess.

20230112_083937.jpg

Putting a stylized bee on the other side (no pic yet) and maybe that snickety-poosna* thing on the sword, what's that called? medicine/doctor symbol.

* for those of you that don't know me, I have a slight aversion to a creature that has no legs, wings, fins, etc and hisses. You know, a snickety-poosna.

LOL - hear you loud and clear! Should we be together, I would more than willing pull you away. I will run backwards with you in your chair, between me and the thing. o_O Think that would work? Don't hate me, :cry:

Thank you, medtran! I've written it down, now just a matter of remembering. :)

It's strange but can't seem to find some of the other ones I've done. Here are a few I really like.
Dragonflies for SIL (2020)
Resized_20200216_190938.jpeg
Resized_20200216_190949~2.jpeg
Resized_20200216_191002.jpeg
Resized_20200216_191030.jpg
Resized_20200216_191014.jpg
This was for my SIL. Pretty bad if I have to explain LOL. Those are tiny dragonflies around the top. Bottom was cut out so that a tealight could be put inside.

OK, so today I finally fired-up the compressor.

think the Bee came out very cute...
20230116_154622.jpg
now for the tree

20230116_154411.jpg
oh well, start again...

but this time perhaps placing the branches a little farther apart. It was actually while doing the trunk that it broke. I had been hearing clics every once in a while and sort of thought there might be a 'blow-out'.

20230116_155026.jpg

Yeah, well, it happens. Just try, try again. Hopefully I will get it right before I run out of Goose Eggs. Duck eggs are easier to get but seem to be more fragile. Have had success with them though but they really aren't much bigger than large chicken eggs.
Really don't like commercial chicken eggs, they are waaay too fragile. Good farm eggs often have shells fed back to them and are much stronger.

20230206_142728.jpg
so this is my 3rd practice attempt, (far side a blowout of another design). Braches, trunk, pilot holes for leaves all worked well. filling out the leaves... well, two more cracks appeared so I stopped before the inevitable blow-out.
Rethinking this project :unsure: Maybe carved trunk and branches with painted leaves :unsure: or carved leaves with painted trunk and branches. :unsure:

Egads.... all these decisions!

LOL Thanks taxy. I scribbled on a bunch of broken eggs first. Then dove into this one.

Several years ago I tried carving some goose eggs so it's not excatly my first time. I never got very far with it. Too frustrating as i was trying difficult designs and at the time didn't realize the dremel is not as high a speed as I would need.

That is a brown egg. FYI... brown eggs are really white eggs with a brown coating put on by the chicken just after the shell is formed and before laying the egg. Look inside a brown shell when you crack it open, the shell is white inside. The brown pigment will actually rub off a bit especially with a freshly laid egg.

I'm trying to collect as many of the darker smaller eggs as I can. As the chickens mature and lay larger eggs there is a good chance the pigment will be thinn/lighter. Hopefully not and I will always get dark colour.

A few year ago I had a breed called Black Copper Marans. I was hoping to get their dark rich chocolate looking eggs. Turns out my flock weren't show worthy dark. Still dark but not as much as I would have liked.
Nice hobby Dragon.
Would something like this help with the edging?

Wow! OMG! Thanks so much Munky, I appreciate you looking for me!
Unfortunately that drill runs at about the same speed as a Dremel, 30 to 40,000 rpm. The drill I'm using runs at 350,000 to 450,000 rpm - think Dentist drills, and I actually do use dentist's bits for the carving. The smallest ones I can get.
I do have some smoothing bits, but in actual fact the tiny slices I'm making don't get smoothed out... no room for a sander LOL.

Back
Top Bottom