"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #31
Head Chef

Iapparently have never taken any pictures of just the house. Can't even find the pics of my Cluny tapesteries or my rugs I've done in petitpoint.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #32
Head Chef

RR, I know egg cartons are basically free, but have you ever seen Larry Bolduc's stone work using paperclay? It's gorgeous. He was a mason in real life. I REALLY wanted to take his class but circumstances didn't allow at the time and then he succumbed to illness/old age. I've got the mags with his tutorial if you ever want to give it a try. One of the reasons I made my big Cluny tapestry was so I could eventually hang it in a "great hall" sort of like his.

Tabitha Corsica: Better pictures of Great Hall project

Old 09-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
RR, I can't think of any reason why not. Go ahead and put them in your bowl. I would.

Many countries store eggs unrefrigerated, as they don't wash the protective covering off. The US has different standards.
Ditto here, can't think why not.

(I assume you are not intending to keep them into the next millenium.)
Old 09-13-2016, 12:15 PM   #34
Master Chef

This is no longer about eggs.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #35
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Iapparently have never taken any pictures of just the house. Can't even find the pics of my Cluny tapesteries or my rugs I've done in petitpoint.

I love the cat, just the same. And I can already tell I like your ceilings! And the beautiful cloth hanging behind the house - I take those are curtains?

And yes, I definitely want to see something you've done. I can't even conceive of doing something that delicate.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #36
Sous Chef

Hey, the title still says eggs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
This is no longer about eggs.
As I always said though, I don't care if anyone hijacks my thread. Although in this case, I think I hijacked my own thread.

Maybe we can switch it to the best way to make scrambled eggs. Now THAT should get a lot of posts and controversy.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:23 AM   #37
Senior Cook

I really want a miniature tea set.

Ok here is some crazy. My grandmom used to dip eggs in mineral oil. claimed it kept them fresh near forever, anyone ever hear of such nonsense? Or is this some weird Alabama/Vermont (family from VT, Grandmother met Grandfather when he was in flight training in Alabama WWII thing) fusion thing? Because I do have a number of those. Collard Greens with Maple syrup and all....

TBS
Old 09-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #38
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehweslefox View Post
I really want a miniature tea set.

TBS
I actually have one somewhere in my stash of minis, 1:12 scale. It's porcelain, though they do make them in actual silver if you've got the $$ for it. I think I enjoyed the buying more than the making. Had to stop myself because I kept buying with nothing to put the things in, though I'll still look through the mini catalogs when they come and dream. You'd be amazed at how much money you can spend (and I mean as much or more than normal size furniture).
Old 09-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #39
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I love the cat, just the same. And I can already tell I like your ceilings! And the beautiful cloth hanging behind the house - I take those are curtains?

And yes, I definitely want to see something you've done. I can't even conceive of doing something that delicate.
Yes, but that's rose wallpaper in the second story bedroom you can see toward the back at the bottom of the second story. I used joint compound for the ceiling and swirled it so it would like like a plaster ceiling.

I think the petit point is in the closet of our extra bedroom behind the vanities and other stuff for the real-life bathroom renovation we're working on. So can't get to it right now to take more pics. I'll have to see if I have it posted on Greenleaf.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #40
Head Chef

Sort of shows the house a little. Craig built me the cart to my specs. Such a sweetie. The little triangle area is a little nursery area with Noah's ark wallpaper.

Pics of the 2 big (comparatively) petit point projects I've done. They are both finished now, just not easily available. All the white, white part of rug was filled in with the cream color. I'm working on a Heriz rug that is also 40 count but haven't got a tremendous amount done on it yet.

The rug is on 28 count/sq. inch if I remember correctly and I think was 5"x8", maybe 6"x9". The Cluny tapestry is on 40 count/sq. inch, and is 5"x6".

Tags
egg, eggs, other