Electric or Straight Razor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Shave Dry :ohmy: it doesn't matter if I use my Electric Razor or a Safety Razor, Its true ask Barbara it drives her up the wall ! I shave mostly in the morning ! :chef:

BlueCat said:
Does anyone here really use a straight razor?
I actually did use one for a short while. It was my grandfathers so I thought it would be cool to use the same razor he used. I was pretty good at not cutting myself, but not very good at getting a good shave. I got a much better shave with the safety razor so I switched back.

I've never shaved my legs, no need to. There's very little hair to see nor feel. This is true for all the women in our family. Thank you mom and dad!

Very interesting, y'all.

What do you call the safety blade that, um, (trying to think of a better word, but can't), vibrates? I have the M3 Extreme which uses a AAA battery to essentially vibrate which supposedly helps get a closer shave.

I tend to get some rash when I shave, so I try to avoid it as long as I can. Unfortunately, in law enforcement clean shaven is preferred. I will try different gels, and I'm always game for trying a new razor. Schick has never worked well for me, so I'm a Gillette kinda guy. I do want to try the new Fusion by Gillette.

Oh, I wind up shaving every other day (though that may change to every day soon) when I have to work. If I am not working, not shaving.Over the sink, post shower (after I put my contacts in so I can see what the heck I am doing!).

Sometimes wet, sometimes dry, usually in the morning, but not always.
"As and where needed"
...but always with disposable safety razors. I tried the kind with the disposable blade only, but the replacement blades seemed rediculo-expensive so I went back to cheapo twin blade disposables.

Very interesting and varied responses...thank you all for your replys!!

now for a followup question. since the majority of you use disposable saftey razors...how many (on average) uses do you get b4 trashing it and grabbing a fresh razor?

Under arms, twice a week in the shower with a disposable saftey razor. Legs, once a week in the bathtub. I usually take a bath on Sunday and shave my legs that day using a nicer saftey razor that has the disposable blades. Unless a special event comes up... strictly once a week!

Back
Top Bottom