Electric or Straight Razor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
what type of razors do you guys / gals use to shave your face (legs for the gals)...

do u shave in the morning or at night...

do u shave standing at the sink or in the shower??

just curious!!!

straight - night - shower here!!

I use a safety razor in the shower. Shaving is the last thing I do before I get out so my beard has as much time as possible to soften up.

A saftey razor is your normal shaving razor that you would buy in your local drugstore or supermarket (think Gillette or other similar brands). I use a disposable kind.

A straight razor is just a blade. The can be very dangerous if you do not shave carefully.

Here are two pictures. The first is a straight razor and the second is a safety razor.

Attachments

• straight-razor-01.jpg
    straight-razor-01.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 180px-Three_blade_safety_razor.jpg
    180px-Three_blade_safety_razor.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 107
Ouch Half Baked...

Safety razon, shower, whenever I get around to taking my daily wash.

I maintain a well gromed "thin" beard, I HATE to shave, mainly because of razor burn. But I do use a triple blade to keep things clean.

oh, over the sink.

Last edited:
Mainly wax...but inbetween times I do shave...a girly version of a safety razor.....when depends on the daily schedule!

Husband: safety razor after morning shower over the sink on weekdays (all to do with getting that beard soft!) rarely at weekends....if we are going out on Saturday or Sunday he'll have a shower and shave before we go if he is shaving (i.e. if it is super smart). But he waxes his back, lol! Or not himself, obviously...someone else waxes his back!

Safety razor (Mach III), it has three blades. I shave in the shower seeing as I'm not about to prop my leg up on the sink to shave :LOL: Morning or night, whichever is more convenient.

I also use the Mach III, but my shaving location varies quite frequently. I usually initiate my shave when my face starts to itch, but I usually resume whatever activity i was in the middle of while I shave. This includes watching TV, reading the newspaper, etc. I usually fill a small cup with water to rinse the hairs from the blade between strokes, though sometimes I shave dry. It depends on how long the growth is.

My brother decided to learn to use a straight razor for awhile, and I'd see the leather strop hanging in his bathroom all the time. The poor thing looked like he'd been in a fight for the longest time, with nicks and cuts everywhere! He finally got good at it, but I think he's gone back to a safety razor again since then. Does anyone here really use a straight razor? I thought he was the only goofball. My grandfather was the only other person I know who always used one, but he was born in 1882.

BC

i shave infrequently, with a 4 blade safety razor, before the shower. i lather up, then let it soften up while i brush my teeth. (i brush my teeth much more often than i shave tho...:) )
dw prefers me with a few days to a week's growth, so i generally keep it around there.
i usually grow a beard in the fall, and try to keep it well trimmed. but one warm day and i sweat under it, and off goes the beard. well, at least for another week or two.

if i ever let anyone shave me with a straight razor, it'll be like in the old westerns. i'll be holding my six shooter under the towel, pointed at the barber's privates

Back
Top Bottom