Electronic vs Verbal Communication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
How do you communicate with your husbands,wifes,friends in the course of the work day? If I see they're on line I'll Skype them, if not I'll e-mail them - last resort is to phone them - and only if I need to know something immediately(most of my friends do the same). DH and I will only ever phone each other if the other one is not on line and never just to chat. I think it's a throwback from my days in sales in the IT industry where I spoke to such a lot of clients in the course of the day that I hated the phone and DH has never been a phone person. In a way it's sad when you prefer communicating electronically than verbally. No one has time to just chat anymore . . . :ermm:

My DH and I work opposite shifts.... and either one of us is working 7 days a week....
We text message alot when I'm at work when I can.
He works overnights so I'm sleeping when he's working.
We'd never get to "talk" some days if we didn't text.
:(

Son and I mostly IM
Paul and I talk on the phone a lot... email a lot and IM a lot...sometimes IM and phone at the same time...but we are silly in love ...

SO and I use cells. Her kids use cells as well.

My daughters and I use email and a rare text message.

Son and I mostly IM
Paul and I talk on the phone a lot... email a lot and IM a lot...sometimes IM and phone at the same time...but we are silly in love ...

That is VERY cool :) You're lucky to have a man who actually enjoys talking on the phone - I've heard they exist - have never met one:LOL:

i only talk on phone with my friends and family. puters are to impersonal for me. i want to hear voice nuances they often tell me more than the works, especially my daughter. don't have a cell phone anymore, found it did not pay for itself.maybe three emails to my daughter in a year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom