Elk in our area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
see, they are evil, evil creatures.
lord bless the deer hunters.
:)
I'm gonna get struck by lightning now.....

Few month ago thed umb creature ran into my car, hit me from the side, if you can believe it. I have no clue how that could have happened.

Pretty cool pic, LT.
It's neat to see wildlife where it doesn't belong. And sad at the same time....

:) We have a ton of elk here on one of Ted Turners Ranches almost 600 hundred thousand acres. It is normal to have a huge herd 200 or more of Elk here where we live down here at Head Quarters. The bow hunt started here for one week, DH is a guide and avid hunter but he hates bow hunts to many injuries and not always a swift death as some of the bow hunters are not good hunters. All animals that live with in the five mile radius of where we live at HQ are safe as they are not hunted in this range. One reason for hunting is to harvest a certain amount of animals as to reduce the population so they have less competition for food in the winter. I hate it myself as some people hunt for trophies as opposed to food for the table. I will eat elk but prefer Bison which we also have. I can't watch the hunting part it breaks my heart as I love animals so much but I will cook it and eat it. :wacko::wacko: The rifle hunts will come up next:( DH has instuctions to never give me details on a hunt and how they got the animal I just do not want to know.

:) We have a ton of elk here on one of Ted Turners Ranches almost 600 hundred thousand acres. It is normal to have a huge herd 200 or more of Elk here where we live down here at Head Quarters. The bow hunt started here for one week, DH is a guide and avid hunter but he hates bow hunts to many injuries and not always a swift death as some of the bow hunters are not good hunters. All animals that live with in the five mile radius of where we live at HQ are safe as they are not hunted in this range. One reason for hunting is to harvest a certain amount of animals as to reduce the population so they have less competition for food in the winter. I hate it myself as some people hunt for trophies as opposed to food for the table. I will eat elk but prefer Bison which we also have. I can't watch the hunting part it breaks my heart as I love animals so much but I will cook it and eat it. :wacko::wacko: The rifle hunts will come up next:( DH has instuctions to never give me details on a hunt and how they got the animal I just do not want to know.

You mean it isn't like they show it on the Outdoor Channel?
:LOL:

That picture is really cool, I'd love to have an elk in my garden, I don't think they come this far though :mrgreen:

Bit they sure taste good!
LOL The other night as we were driving from Vermont to Washington D.C. I saw the prettiest deer dead on the side of the freeway. It just hit me funny and I started crying. James asked what was wrong, so I told him. Somehow deer hunting came up. I said, "I don't think I could ever shoot a deer. But I'm glad someone can because they sure taste good!" Then I said that it didn't seem fair that so many cute animals taste good and the ugly ones don't!

Nice picture LT. :cool:

:)Barbara

I happen to live on Elk Street, so you cannot imagine how many have sent me that photo! It is great!

One day we were out taking out-of-the-area friends for a ride in the country (he's from Hawaii and loves to just drive). I looked off to the side of the road and said to myself, no. No. NO. I looked the other way, then my friends looked over. A moose. (We were in Wisconsin, we live in Northwestern IL). We were all having cocktails at a favorite watering hold that night, introducing my old freinds to my newer friends, and we mentioned the moose. One guy jumped up and yelled YES!! His patner didn't believe that he'd seen a moose in the area! I am still not certain I saw it, it is so out of the ordinary for this part of the country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom