"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
pass on the gizzards but bring on the chicken livers, i usually have about once a month for dinner. usually only with a side of rice.
I love them, but eat by myself. Makes DH gag
kades

Old 04-13-2010, 06:17 AM   #22
Master Chef

I like peanut butter and bacon sandwiches on toast... or with sausage patties.

I also love ice!

Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #23
Head Chef

My Dad loves peanut butter, bacon, and banana sammies!!! Vanilla Bean you should try chocolate covered bacon on that, i've never had the bacon with peanut butter, but the combination of chocolate and bacon is wonderful!!! The sweet, the salty, YUMMY...
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #24
Head Chef

Big Macs, Whoppers (used to get 3 when they were .99/ea), TB 7 layer burrito. Not really embarrassed about it though.

Also, I much prefer Cool Whip to Redi Whip!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #25
Master Chef

Pickled pigs feet, canned tamales, the basic "regular" Taco Bell tacos, fast-food fries, KFC chicken, herring in sour cream sauce. . . .

Now keep in mind that I'm not scarfing this stuff down on a weekly basis, or even annually sometimes, but when I get a hankering. . . .
Old 04-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #26
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
Pickled pigs feet, canned tamales, the basic "regular" Taco Bell tacos, fast-food fries, KFC chicken, herring in sour cream sauce. . . .

Now keep in mind that I'm not scarfing this stuff down on a weekly basis, or even annually sometimes, but when I get a hankering. . . .
AH HA I had suspected all along one of my fellow foodies also ate pickled pigs feet, just took awhile for you to come outa the pig foot closet...
Old 04-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #27
Senior Cook

My wife likes canned tamales and bean and bacon soup from the can.

Things ya better ask before ya get married, eh?

BTW, I am perfect.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #28
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmax View Post
Seriously, that is very destructive to teeth.
I guess I've been blessed with strong teeth because I've crunched on ice for at least 20 years and have never had any problem whatsoever. I've never had a cavity even.

I might attribute partial success to a Japanese dentist (in Japan) who gave me a few preventative fillings in my very back teeth when I was in 5th grade that stayed in all my life (still there). I even remember his name, Dr. Hori, and he would always hand out a piece of sugarless gum. See?...give me something to chew on and I'll remember you all my life . But hard teeth is hereditary...at least it runs in my family.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
AH HA I had suspected all along one of my fellow foodies also ate pickled pigs feet, just took awhile for you to come outa the pig foot closet...
You know what irks me? That first of all there doesn't seem to be any brands of PPF available other than Hormel (the Italian "Victoria" brand used to be very good); 2nd, that Hormel doesn't sell the boneless PPF anymore; & 3rd, that the jars are so darn small.

At least with the boneless PPF, you used to get more bang for your buck. But I guess the fact that the supermarkets sell it at all should be a blessing - lol!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #30
Head Chef

Chicken livers, hearts and gizzards. Calf liver w/pan sauteed onions. Krystal cheeseburgers and Krystal chili cheese pups. These are my biggest vices. I don't get the livers, hearts and gizzards anymore since I can't find them at the restaurants and my wife can't stand them, but if offered Krystal I'll jump on it in a heartbeat.

I must say that I miss mustard Whataburgers with cheese. They're one of the only reasons I would consider moving back to Texas. :)

I also adore Vienna sausages w/Miracle Whip...

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote