Empire Carpet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I see the TV ad very often. Has anyone tried their carpet? How is the quality and price? They say they don't move heavy furniture... so not sure what to do. TIA

*amy*, anyone who has ever lived in any proximity to Chicago knows the Empire Carpet phone number by heart. It's an institution in local TV advertising that actually has made its way to Virginia to my surprise.

However, I don't know a soul who has actually partaken of their claim to have the said carpeting installed by the next day.

A few years ago my neighbor told me she ordered her basement carpeting from Empire. She was too busy to go shopping for carpeting and called Empire. I recall she was very pleased with it. She did imply that she probably paid more than she would have if she went to a carpet store, but the convenience and time saved was worth the additional cost. Her carpeting looked beautiful in her newly finished basement.

A few years ago my neighbor told me she ordered her basement carpeting from Empire. She was too busy to go shopping for carpeting and called Empire. I recall she was very pleased with it. She did imply that she probably paid more than she would have if she went to a carpet store, but the convenience and time saved was worth the additional cost. Her carpeting looked beautiful in her newly finished basement.

Thanks, Green Lady. Do you know if they moved the furniture? Don't understand how they install carpet w/o moving anything. :rolleyes: TIA

Mud, they have Empire (and the same catchy annoying jingle) everywhere.

Amy, we had them come and give us an estimate once. The selection was very limited and the price was astronomical compared to our local mom and pop type carpet stores. I would not recommend them unless your main goal is to have the carpet installed the next day and that is your only concern.

Thanks, Green Lady. Do you know if they moved the furniture? Don't understand how they install carpet w/o moving anything. :rolleyes: TIA

Since my neighbor had just finished her basement she probably didn't have any furniture there to be moved. I don't know of any carpet companies that move the furniture. My cousin used to install carpeting and he never moved the furniture.

Green Lady, all the carpet places I spoke to (and there were many) would move furniture, at least in this area. They charged for it, but they would do it.

I don't recall what Empire wanted to charge, but my wife just told me she thinks it was a ridiculous amount. For what they wanted to charge for the carpet I don't doubt it.

I think they wanted to charge us around $1600 or $1700 just for the carpet itself and the place we went with charged us $1100 (for everything) for a much better quality carpet, plus they moved out furniture for almost nothing.

*amy*, anyone who has ever lived in any proximity to Chicago knows the Empire Carpet phone number by heart. It's an institution in local TV advertising that actually has made its way to Virginia to my surprise.

However, I don't know a soul who has actually partaken of their claim to have the said carpeting installed by the next day.
Yes, surprisingly, they are now in New York! could hardly believe it when I heard 800-588-2300, Empire! on my tv set! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Their product comes in all qualities and price ranges. We got some for my folks when they were having trouble walking on their high pile rug... They did a great job and we didn't have to wait. They came out the day after we called!

QPR? I'm not so sure about that. You pay for the convenience, I'm sure.

QPR? I'm not so sure about that. You pay for the convenience, I'm sure.[/quote]

I am sure it's the convenience that jacks up the price. People want/need the carpeting right away or they don't have time to shop around so they call 588-2300!

Yes, surprisingly, they are now in New York! could hardly believe it when I heard 800-588-2300, Empire! on my tv set! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I hear their commercials in South Carolina too, but that is just because one of the stations we chose in our DISH package is WGN in Chicago (Go Cubs!).

:)Barbara

OK - thanks a lot ChefJune. I had never heard of Empire until I read your post - and the song started as I read it - NOW I'VE GOT IT IN MY HEAD! :mad::dry:

Their product comes in all qualities and price ranges. We got some for my folks when they were having trouble walking on their high pile rug... They did a great job and we didn't have to wait. They came out the day after we called!

QPR? I'm not so sure about that. You pay for the convenience, I'm sure.

This one? :LOL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJl5A9OpQzE&mode=related&search=

ChefJune, what does QPR stand for? TIA

Yes, surprisingly, they are now in New York! could hardly believe it when I heard 800-588-2300, Empire! on my tv set!

lol, i hate the new york commercial. they found some dumba$$ "couple" with heavy brooklyn or queens accents, and have them argue over the caw-pit.

and i agree, gb, the jingle is at once catchy and annoying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom