Engagement ring alternatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, actually there is something comforting about him being there. At least I know where he is:) Seriously, he's a good man and he's welcome there. Love is the best kind of ring and it don't get cold.

mav, he's playing video games. i can type away!:w00t2:plus he reads my posts with me sometimes.

I don't do pain, so no tats here. Plus I don't like them on ladies.
If you want a tat, go for it.
If you want a ring, go for it.
One is a poor substitute for the other.
If your family and friend's expectations are putting pressure on you, you must decide who you are and be happy with it.
Any pre-marriage counselling you may get will tell you the meaning and beauty of the ring.
And you can't give that to yourself. One partner gives to the other.

If you can't make this decision, and be content with it, how are you to make the bigger ones?

If I wasn't so tired I would have used a smiley guy on the post, LOL.
But ya'll gave me an idea! You can always swap out the diamond for a little GPS tracker that looks like a diamond...
:cool:

OK, yea, too James Bondish... but it might work for some of these forum members that keep disappearing on us!
:LOL:

well, dh and I have the same dilemma...technically, we are not married yet, but we still say dh and dw here. As far as the rings, he wants me to have a huge ring that people will envy. personally, i don't like all that flash. A simple ring will do just fine. As far as I'm concerned, it's the love that matters and i'd rather spend the money on a house. i know that's never going to happen, but the way i see it, is there are stores (like walmart) that carry rings that are cheaper (the quality isn't as good, but they are still nice) or go to a jeweler and get an alternate stone...some are really inexpensive.

In any case, it is your choice. But make sure that it's something you REALLY want and are willing to have and live with for the rest of your life. I saw where people say there is always laser removal, but removal costs more than getting the tattoo to begin with.

My friends say white topaz sparkles just as much as diamond. I say do what you want and the heck with anyone else's opinion. It's how you personally demonstate your commitment. Be happy! And you know what, if you love each other completely, that's all that matters. Isn't that sparkle enough?

I don't know where you live, but there are also places that let you dig you prospect for jem stones and such for a small fee. You go out and either dig thru or sift thru looking for jem stones. Then you can have them cut it, polish it, and mount it for you. Not free but much cheaper than in the stores, and your quality is limited only by what you find.
There is one up north here, I wanna say UP Michigan area, that has a mine where you can prospect for some type of diamond. Apparently it isn't an actual diamond, but when cut and shined up sure looks and sparkles like one.
The lady that does this stuff is on the Travel Channel, interesting stuff.

:) Actually a few years back there was a show saying Walmart and Kmart actually carry really decent diamonds. I still think CZ is the way to go I have some earrings that sparkle like crazy. My former boss in Texas who is very wealthy likes to wear gigantic CZ earrings. She has a huge amount of expensive real gemstone jewelry including giant diamond rings but at the same time she enjoys the CZ. Many people that owned really expensive stones years ago used to wear reproductions of their pieces called paste in case they were robbed. Anyone remember that? CZ is way better then that they can actually create the heat and pressure that makes a diamond and other precious stones.

Last edited:
:) Actually a few years back there was a show saying Walmart and Kmart actually carry really decent diamonds. I still think CZ is the way to go I have some earrings that sparkle like crazy. My former boss in Texas who is very wealthy likes to wear gigantic CZ earrings. She has a huge amount of expensive real gemstone jewelry including giant diamond rings but at the same time she enjoys the CZ. Many people that own really expensive stones used to wear reproductions of their pieces called paste in case they were robbed.

i'd prefer a good quality CZ...you can't really tell and they are a lot less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom