Etiguette for sympathy flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Needs some advice, Hubby's brother died yesterday, do we send flowers from us or just from our boys ? Never been through this before. Thanks all !!

Google didn't help .

I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

I'm not sure I'm clear on what you mean, but I'll go with what I interpret lol

I think it would be best to send from you, your husband and your boys. For example, "husband's name, Barb, & boys" or you could specifically include your boys names, along with your name and your husband's.

I don't really know what the rules are, but have sent sympathy flowers many times and always included my children, even if I put "children" instead of each of their names.

Hope this helps,

Ali

Sorry for your loss, Barb. I'd send flowers from all of you. Why would you leave hubby and yourself out. It's hubby's brother, after all.

We always include our whole family when sending sympathy flowers. Just word the card the way you feel comfortable doing. How were you referred to by your husband's brother? That's how I would word the card.

Buck and I send our sympathies to you and your husband's brother's family.

Here in the UK we usually try to find out whether flowers are strictly immediate family only. Very often that is the case and the Family of the deceased request that a donation be sent to their nominated cause. e.g. McMillan Nurses ( Cancer Care)

Hope you find the solution which seems right to you and which you will not worry about.:)
Has it affected your sons in any way?
RD4U home page
This is a link for young people about bereavement. It was created by young people.:)

Just want to thank you all for your kind words, we have always sent flowers to family but this one Hubby asked about, and I was clueless. Flowers will be sent ! Bless you all, love ya ! Barb

The florist will be able to help you with the note card. You just put from: The family of John Smith or John Smith's family. You can always send a simple bouquet from the John Smith Family and a unique little child bouquet from the boys. Send them to the funeral home.

If you are not real close to the immediate family, you can attend the visitation and sign the guest book. If a family member ask you to be at the funeral do so....otherwise that is left up to you.

May prayers and blessings reach out to you and your loved ones, Amen.

As you know we are in Michigan, he and his wife are in Kentucky via, California, both retired from the Marines. He was 70, and (in remission). He was just in Washington Easter for a war memorial, great man. Died in his sleep ! Hubby will be lost without him, he was his only sibling. Thanks all for listening ! Barb

Barb,
you've gotten some good advice here so I'll just say, do what makes you comfortable, and what pleases your hubby. You have my sympathy and thoughts. Loss is never easy, so take care and we are here if you need us.

kadesma

Flowers sent to the funeral home are a memorial tribute to the deceased, thus should be from the whole family.
Flowers sent to the home are expressions of sympathy for the bereaved.

Back
Top Bottom