"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #41
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoymatey2013 View Post
See, that the thing about CNN & FOX,...
I watch neither CNN or Fox. The three major networks provided the footage I saw.

I'm clear on what I saw and have my opinions. You're welcome to yours. I don't care to argue whether or not this actually happened or if it's a conspiracy of the media.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #42
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I saw them the old fashioned way, on TV. I'm sure if you check Youtube you'll find some.
No you won't. What you will find is dirty water claiming to be sewerage.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #43
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

A much higher percentage than that head to the ER on a daily basis on dry land...
You got that right. I also wonder how many people get taken off airplanes after landing.

The news makes so many people form opinions instead of actually telling the whole truth, it's sickening
Old 05-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

It was annoying getting ready for vacation and people would ask where you were going. I hated telling people that it was a cruise because they would almost always make snide remarks, and I just got tired of making a case for why I liked cruising. I just started saying that I was going to the Caribbean and leaving it at that.

I'm not the type of person that would put down someone else's vacation choice. When someone tells me where they are going and it's somewhere that I didn't enjoy I think up some positive stuff and leave the negative out of it if I can.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #45
Certified Pretend Chef

My intent here was never to upset anyone. I certainly wish the best vacation cruise for everyone who decides to take one. I hope my discussion of whether or not the media was reporting accurately does not diminish anyone's vacation pleasure.

I respect your choices and expect you to respect mine.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #46
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
My intent here was never to upset anyone. I certainly wish the best vacation cruise for everyone who decides to take one. I hope my discussion of whether or not the media was reporting accurately does not diminish anyone's vacation pleasure.

No harm, I just get a bit defensive lately when it comes to cruises. Like I hate to show any excitement just avoid the comments.

I've had so many wonderful experiences with friends and family on the high seas with every cruise line that I've sailed. Cruises aren't for everyone, no vacation will be perfect for everyone.

I don't care for camping, roughing it, but I know that many people just love it, I could come up with a list a mile long why I don't like it! I grew up camping in a 30ft. RV, that was fun for me!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #47
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Oh, I love camping and roughing it! Shrek hates it...
Old 05-31-2013, 12:56 AM   #48
Senior Cook

Quote:

I'm only upset with the news media. I'm just so sick and tired of their scare tactics.

I love camping also. I no longer rough it but I like going to my camper.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoymatey2013 View Post
You got that right. I also wonder how many people get taken off airplanes after landing.

The news makes so many people form opinions instead of actually telling the whole truth, it's sickening
I was sent on a job at Logan Airport. I was working in the office for the Director of the facility. He had a speaker whereby all traffick from the tower was piped into his office. A call came that the red light on the panel of a UPS plane was on showing a fire in the hold. The plane taxied up to it's unloading dock and the fire chief went out to the plane to see what the problem was. No problem. They continued to unoad the plane.

What were the chances of a FedEx plane coming in an hour later with the same problem? It has never happened at Logan. Proceeded in the same manner as the UPS. No fire engines, no panic, no change in any part on the airport. To watch the news that night you would have thought a plane loaded with deadly chemicals had crashed. Fire Engines racing across runways, people running, etc. The fire engines the news showed weren't even airport ones. Theirs are yellow and the city's are red. They even showed a quick spot of the foam truck covering a plane.

According to the news report, the towns that lived around the airport were in mortal danger from a chemical explosion and evacuation was considered.

The Director never even got up from his desk to see what the problem was. Nor did he issue any directives for any needed action. Life went on as usual.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #50
Senior Cook

Never let a free panic go to waste. I wonder what all the news programs would do if they actually have to report the truth?!?!?