"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-15-2005, 12:52 AM   #11
Executive Chef

That is hilarious!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove
I have never told anyone before but I would love to go up in a Hot Air Baloon...
Marge, DO IT!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:05 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

can wasabi and i come with you marge? the three of us could fill up the ballon with enough hot air, who needs propane?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:10 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Speak for yourself, Bucky.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 AM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

My wife once told her dad that she wanted to try sky diving. He works for the FAA and has access to all the accident reports that have to do with planes. Well my wife started receiving emails every day from her dad of sky diving accidents. She decided she would not make the jump after all (not cause she was scared, but just to make the emails stop). What he doesn't tell you is how many people do it and walk away just fine. She is lucky he doesn't work for the DMV or he would send her car accident reports when she wants to buy a new car

I would love to go sky diving, but I doubt I would ever get up the courage to jump out of a plane. The only way I would be able to do it is one of those tandem jumps, but I doubt I will ever try.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:13 AM   #16
Head Chef

When the day comes that I'm on a plane and someone hands me a chute and says "The plane's going down" I'll be the first one out the door. Until then, I see no reason to jump out of a properly function aircraft in flight...

This from the guy who wants to swim in one of those shark cages with Great Whites around...

John
Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Nope! Not me! I'll stay in the plane thank you very much. Paul's jumped though and he loved it. For his birthday last year I bought him a gift certificate for a tandom jump with a paraglider. He'll do that this summer. He's a little sad because I won't do it with him but... there's just no way in the world that I could take that first big step. I'll wait on the ground for him to land. We live right by a huge hill that paragliders jump from and it is really beautiful seeing 15 -25 gliders all in the air at the same time.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:38 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I always wanted to go but by the time I could afford to go I was to heavy to jump. This reminds me of the time I signed up to ride a bull in arodeo but I got hit by a car two days before the rodeo and crushed my left leg.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #19
Senior Cook

Well, I get vertigo just looking over the stair bannisters, and have to tranquilise myself with sleep aids before I can get on a plane.....which is a bit of a problem because DH is taking flying lessons at the moment, and is planning to hire a plane to take us on vacations in the future, once he's got his license.....I keep trying to convince him that I'd much prefer hiring an RV....

Paint.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:23 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangbang
I always wanted to go but by the time I could afford to go I was to heavy to jump. This reminds me of the time I signed up to ride a bull in arodeo but I got hit by a car two days before the rodeo and crushed my left leg.
bang, i think the guy in the car that hit you was trying to save the bull...