"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
buckytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 18,766
please to enjoy your traditional chopsticks, y'all.

dang it. where's my shotgun? a-yunt bea killed my joke.
__________________

__________________
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.


Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Most of the traditional disposable chopsticks are made in Georgia now.

Strange but, true!
I think they should start putting fortunes in Vidalia onions. Maybe they would find a way to grow them year round then
__________________

__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #23
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
the fortune that came with my schezuan pork lunch today reads, "this could be an almost perfect day. enjoy it." what? the very best i can do with that is to ALMOST enjoy it! sheesh....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #24
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Elizabeth City
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
the fortune that came with my schezuan pork lunch today reads, "this could be an almost perfect day. enjoy it." what? the very best i can do with that is to ALMOST enjoy it! sheesh....
It all depends on what you consider to be an "almost" perfect day. Do tell.
__________________
cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
Sous Chef
 
radhuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calcutta, India
Posts: 958
When I am online generally very few remain online. just now only 20 members are online. I never been online alone, but three or four years ago I was online with only five members.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #26
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by radhuni View Post
When I am online generally very few remain online. just now only 20 members are online. I never been online alone, but three or four years ago I was online with only five members.
That's because you live clear over there, Radhuni! Not only the other side, but the other hemisphere, too! We are just glad for the times you can come and show us pictures of your darling daughter.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:44 AM   #27
Sous Chef
 
radhuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calcutta, India
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That's because you live clear over there, Radhuni! Not only the other side, but the other hemisphere, too! We are just glad for the times you can come and show us pictures of your darling daughter.
Thank you so much.

I sincerely thank you all that you never let me feel alien in DC.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:08 AM   #28
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by radhuni View Post

Thank you so much.

I sincerely thank you all that you never let me feel alien in DC.
That's the great thing about DC Radhuni, none of us has to feel "alien" we can all come together here with our different cultures, ideas, beliefs and Experiences and share our love of cooking and food, we can learn something, maybe teach something and most of all make new friends!

Since I am a night owl, and I am on the west coast of the US, I feel like I am on here alone sometimes, but I know even though many on the east coast of North America are sleeping (not you Taxy) lol! ;), many from other continents are up and about ;) and probably keeping me company.
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #29
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny

That's the great thing about DC Radhuni, none of us has to feel "alien" we can all come together here with our different cultures, ideas, beliefs and Experiences and share our love of cooking and food, we can learn something, maybe teach something and most of all make new friends!
Well said!!!!
__________________
jharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #30
Sous Chef
 
radhuni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calcutta, India
Posts: 958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
That's the great thing about DC Radhuni, none of us has to feel "alien" we can all come together here with our different cultures, ideas, beliefs and Experiences and share our love of cooking and food, we can learn something, maybe teach something and most of all make new friends!
Very true.

Now only 9 members are online except me.
__________________

radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.