Ever found yourself disliking a food that is loved by most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a child, when our parents went out, our special supper was hard boiled eggs, spinach, sardines, and saltine crackers. Those little skeletons--BLECH! But as a child, you could have gotten me to do almost anything for hb eggs, spinach, sardines, and saltine crackers. I still eat 3/4 of those. I'd claim the smoked oysters, btw, but I'd also want the brussels sprouts. The ones in the garden are now ready...to me, they taste like "baby" cabbage...the little head that sprouts after you harvest the large head.

The "treat" we got when my parents went out were Swanson chicken pot pies and frozen french fries!

Then there were nights when my dad had "duty" and we got to eat the foods he didn't like. He didn't (gee, why am I using past tense? He's still alive and kicking) like rice, french fries, hamburgers. So when he had overnight duty or went TDY, we got these treats. Fried rice especially!

The "treat" we got when my parents went out were Swanson chicken pot pies and frozen french fries!

Then there were nights when my dad had "duty" and we got to eat the foods he didn't like. He didn't (gee, why am I using past tense? He's still alive and kicking) like rice, french fries, hamburgers. So when he had overnight duty or went TDY, we got these treats. Fried rice especially!

When we were kids and my Dad worked away we also got to eat the things he didn't.
Liver, minced beef and soup. I love soup and liver but my Dad said only sick and old people eat soup lol!

I absolutely loath onions, mushrooms and peppers. It can making trying new recipes quite difficult, especially main dishes. It's also a pain when I'm invited to someone else's house for dinner. I can handle cooked onions in some things, as long as it's not the main flavor of the food and love Bloomin' Onions, but that is it. I've been this way all my life. My Dad was so happy when Mc Donald's introduced chicken nuggets. No more waiting on special order cheeseburgers at the drive thru :LOL:

I just don't understand how others like mushrooms. I can eat small pieces on pizza if it is a great pizza, but I don't really like them. I can't eat them any other way.

I absolutely loath onions, mushrooms and peppers. It can making trying new recipes quite difficult, especially main dishes. It's also a pain when I'm invited to someone else's house for dinner. I can handle cooked onions in some things, as long as it's not the main flavor of the food and love Bloomin' Onions, but that is it. I've been this way all my life. My Dad was so happy when Mc Donald's introduced chicken nuggets. No more waiting on special order cheeseburgers at the drive thru :LOL:

That's a tough one, eating out must be a pain! Almost all dishes contain one of the above! Makes me feel better about not eating chicken lol!

When I was a kid I hated Brussels sprouts (always boiled), liver & onions, ham salad, & any fish served with the head on. Now I love roasted Brussels sprouts & liver & onions if not over cooked. Love sardines on crackers. Don't even think of putting head cheese in my fridge - I've seen how it's made. Still don't like ham salad. Or tongue. I try coffee once a year just to be sure I still don't like it.

When I was a kid I hated Brussels sprouts (always boiled), liver & onions, ham salad, & any fish served with the head on. Now I love roasted Brussels sprouts & liver & onions if not over cooked. Love sardines on crackers. Don't even think of putting head cheese in my fridge - I've seen how it's made. Still don't like ham salad. Or tongue. I try coffee once a year just to be sure I still don't like it.

I'd forgotten I don't eat tongue! Hated it as a kid but I haven't tried again. Maybe I should try at least once lol!

Back
Top Bottom