"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #51
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You too? Unfortunately they don't sell them in packages of two at a time. That is about all I can get down. And don't tell me they are like little cabbages. No they are not! They are Brussel Sprouts. Cabbage I like. I don't like Brussel Sprouts. Can't you folks tell the difference?
LMAO! Yip, I can tell the difference. Cover them in mayo or cheese then heck no. Can't understand why people would try and force themselves to eat BS if they eat cabbage. Nutritionally they are almost identical. I love the little buggers though.
Chicken and carrots, no thanks! Pitty too since chicken is cheap in SA and they stick carrots in almost everything :(
I always end up eating egg on toast when chicken is on the menu and force my carrots down like a naughty child lol!
Going for dinner by friends is a nightmare since chicken is a dinner party favourite. Can't count the times I've faked sick or pushed my chicken onto hubby's plate and nicked his veggies!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
You too? Unfortunately they don't sell them in packages of two at a time. That is about all I can get down. And don't tell me they are like little cabbages. No they are not! They are Brussel Sprouts. Cabbage I like. I don't like Brussel Sprouts. Can't you folks tell the difference?
You betcha I can tell the difference. I like Brussels sprouts cooked, not raw. I like cabbage raw, not cooked (except red cabbage cooked the Danish way).

Too bad Stirling can't even stand the smell of cooked Brussels sprouts - makes him nauseous, so I almost never get to eat them.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #53
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
This is dedicated to dawgluver, kayelle, the princess, and all those wishing for a brussels sprouts recall
Thanks Mollyanne! I swiped the cartoon and that's exactly how I feel.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #54
Sous Chef

I forgot about corn. I'm not a fan at all. I want to like it but I just really end up forcing myself to eat it.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
I forgot about corn. I'm not a fan at all. I want to like it but I just really end up forcing myself to eat it.
I love corn, but not that bi-coloured sweet stuff they call peaches 'n cream corn here. Yuck. Went and spoiled a lovely food. At least I can still get the kind I like as frozen kernels. Loads of people love that overly sweet stuff.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #56
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I like corn as long as it's not cooked in something.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #57
Chef Extraordinaire

I like corn raw, right off the cob. But then I am part Indian., so what do I know? Eating raw corn is the only Indian thing I do in life. The rest of my life is spent as a white squaw.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #58
Master Chef

Quote:
I like corn raw, right off the cob. But then I am part Indian., so what do I know? Eating raw corn is the only Indian thing I do in life. The rest of my life is spent as a white squaw.
I love raw corn on the cob, freshly picked! And grilled on the BBQ, they sell it as a roadside snack in South Africa yum!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #59
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I love raw corn on the cob, freshly picked! And grilled on the BBQ, they sell it as a roadside snack in South Africa yum!
When I was a kid, I used to go into the garden and pick whatever veggie was ripe and eat it right then and there. Root veggies I would was off with the hose. Corn was always my favorite. I couldn't wait for it to ripen. Sometimes I didn't. I would pick it when it had just started to develop inside the husk.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #60
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
I can tolerate corn but I just truly don't care if I ever eat it anymore. The only way I ever ate it was cut and scraped from the cob from my Grandparents garden and they are now gone. I have a real dislike for soups that have large chunks of vegetables and then these little bits of corn in it!

Tags
food