Ever found yourself disliking a food that is loved by most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hubby & I have tried over and over again Mexican foods............for some reason we just do not care for any of them......could be color combinations and/or presentation....................its a shame becausee most of our friends really enjoy going to the various Mexican restaurants...........we now just pass............but at least we have given it several shots

Indian style curry, pancakes and waffles, cooked salmon, though I do like smoked salmon.

Liver and brussels sprouts are a given, they don't count as a lot of other folks don't like them either.

Last edited:
Liver and brussels sprouts are a given, they don't count as a lot of other folks don't like them either.
But wait, Trader Joe's has fresh frozen brussel sprouts called " True Belgian Brussels Sprouts". They're smaller and a little sweeter. Serve them warm but not overcooked (still bright green) with roasted pecan halves and a vinaigrette of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, and a teensy red pepper flakes.

mollyanne said:
But wait, Trader Joe's has fresh frozen brussel sprouts called " True Belgian Brussels Sprouts". They're smaller and a little sweeter. Serve them warm but not overcooked (still bright green) with roasted pecan halves and a vinaigrette of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, and a teensy red pepper flakes.

:LOL: I would never question the palates of PF, Kayelle, and many others, as well as my own. We've all tried and failed to like them!

image-2751942955.jpg

Last edited:

I think I've wasted more money trying to like Brussels Sprouts than any other food. Sounds tasty, I think I will try it with some shredded cabbage.

I agree with Steve on the caviar, I would much rather have a PB&J!

Snip, try a dash of grated nutmeg on your carrots.

I guess for me it is not really a dislike but, I really do not care about steak.

I would rather have a roast of beef than a steak.

I cut the cooked carriots into medallions. Make a white sauce with nutmeg and put the cooked carrots in it. Always a big hit with the "I hate carrots!" folks. :angel:

I cut the cooked carriots into medallions. Make a white sauce with nutmeg and put the cooked carrots in it. Always a big hit with the "I hate carrots!" folks. :angel:

They are good glazed with a tablespoon of orange marmalade or real maple syrup and a knob of butter.

It only take a little to make a big flavor boost.

Oh please, don't spoil my carrots with sweet stuff. Steamed with a little bit of butter and I'm happy. You could boil 'em, as long as you don't overdo it.

Somebunny said:
Can I have everyone else's Brussels Sprouts? I love love love them! I will trade you sardines and smoked oysters! ;)

I will swap you your smoked oysters, you may have the Brussels sprouts. I might have a sardine or two, though those little skeletons grossed me out when I found them when I was about 10. Used to love them....

PrincessFiona60 said:
I'll meet you in Spokane for the hand off...

Lol Princess! You know it's only about 6 hours for me.....you never know.....and I love Montana, spent some time there on the last 2 vacations, even have some rellies there ;-)

Dawgluver said:
I will swap you your smoked oysters, you may have the Brussels sprouts. I might have a sardine or two, though those little skeletons grossed me out when I found them when I was about 10. Used to love them....

Those little skeletons gross me out to! Blech!

Those little skeletons gross me out to! Blech!
As a child, when our parents went out, our special supper was hard boiled eggs, spinach, sardines, and saltine crackers. Those little skeletons--BLECH! But as a child, you could have gotten me to do almost anything for hb eggs, spinach, sardines, and saltine crackers. I still eat 3/4 of those. I'd claim the smoked oysters, btw, but I'd also want the brussels sprouts. The ones in the garden are now ready...to me, they taste like "baby" cabbage...the little head that sprouts after you harvest the large head.

For those who mentioned Brussels sprouts, huh? Most people don't like them. With me, I went through a weird period in late menopause (thank heaven, that's over) when almost everything smelled bad ... especially cucumbers and watermelon. Got most of it back, but still do not like cucumbers and watermelon, and it pisses me off. These are things I loved, the real feel of summer. I want to like them. If you'd have asked me 5 years ago, I'd never have believed that anyone could possibly dislike watermelon or cucumbers. That crispy, light, epitome of summer. Every summer I try, and every time I try, I still don't like them. To me they now smell and taste the same (and yes, I've been told they do have a chemical compound in common). If I had to develop an aversion to something in middle age, couldn't it have been something fattening?

Peach pie....peach cobbler....peach crisp....peach ice cream.....

And did I mention peaches?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom