Ever found yourself disliking a food that is loved by most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is dedicated to dawgluver, kayelle, the princess, and all those wishing for a brussels sprouts recall :LOL:

Attachments

• brussels-sprouts.jpg
    brussels-sprouts.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Well I just got back from the farmers market with my stalk of BS!

I almost did not buy them because when we were little we were always told not to pick the BS until after a good hard frost.

We have not had a frost yet so I guess I can see if the cold shock therapy makes any difference! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

mollyanne said:
This is dedicated to dawgluver, kayelle, the princess, and all those wishing for a brussels sprouts recall :LOL:

:LOL: True, dat!

Well I just got back from the farmers market with my stalk of BS!

I almost did not buy them because when we were little we were always told not to pick the BS until after a good hard frost.

We have not had a frost yet so I guess I can see if the cold shock therapy makes any difference! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Try with a few of the little heads. If it isn't as good as it's supposed to be, try putting the rest in the freezer over night.

Let us know how it goes.

I think I've wasted more money trying to like Brussels Sprouts than any other food. Sounds tasty, I think I will try it with some shredded cabbage.

I think I may have a way that you will like them. Try thinly slicing fresh brussel sprouts instead of cabbage in coleslaw, my son hates them but he can't tell it's not cabbage when I make them this way. Shredded into mixed green salad is also good. I find the fresh ones much tastier than frozen :)

I think I've wasted more money trying to like Brussels Sprouts than any other food. Sounds tasty, I think I will try it with some shredded cabbage.

You too? Unfortunately they don't sell them in packages of two at a time. That is about all I can get down. And don't tell me they are like little cabbages. No they are not! They are Brussel Sprouts. Cabbage I like. I don't like Brussel Sprouts. Can't you folks tell the difference? :angel:

Just remembered something else I can't stand. Kidneys!!!!!!! I can eat liver, brawn, sheeps head, trotters, bone marrow etc. but kidneys taste just like pee to me :( Yes I know what pee tastes like! Let just say when so called high school friends give you OJ, it's not always OJ :(

You too? Unfortunately they don't sell them in packages of two at a time. That is about all I can get down. And don't tell me they are like little cabbages. No they are not! They are Brussel Sprouts. Cabbage I like. I don't like Brussel Sprouts. Can't you folks tell the difference? :angel:
LMAO! Yip, I can tell the difference. Cover them in mayo or cheese then heck no. Can't understand why people would try and force themselves to eat BS if they eat cabbage. Nutritionally they are almost identical. I love the little buggers though.
Chicken and carrots, no thanks!:ermm: Pitty too since chicken is cheap in SA and they stick carrots in almost everything :(
I always end up eating egg on toast when chicken is on the menu and force my carrots down like a naughty child lol!
Going for dinner by friends is a nightmare since chicken is a dinner party favourite. Can't count the times I've faked sick or pushed my chicken onto hubby's plate and nicked his veggies!

You betcha I can tell the difference. I like Brussels sprouts cooked, not raw. I like cabbage raw, not cooked (except red cabbage cooked the Danish way).

Too bad Stirling can't even stand the smell of cooked Brussels sprouts - makes him nauseous, so I almost never get to eat them.

I forgot about corn. I'm not a fan at all. I want to like it but I just really end up forcing myself to eat it.

I forgot about corn. I'm not a fan at all. I want to like it but I just really end up forcing myself to eat it.
I love corn, but not that bi-coloured sweet stuff they call peaches 'n cream corn here. Yuck. Went and spoiled a lovely food. At least I can still get the kind I like as frozen kernels. Loads of people love that overly sweet stuff.

I like corn raw, right off the cob. But then I am part Indian., so what do I know? Eating raw corn is the only Indian thing I do in life. The rest of my life is spent as a white squaw. :angel:

I like corn raw, right off the cob. But then I am part Indian., so what do I know? Eating raw corn is the only Indian thing I do in life. The rest of my life is spent as a white squaw. :angel:

I love raw corn on the cob, freshly picked! And grilled on the BBQ, they sell it as a roadside snack in South Africa yum!

I love raw corn on the cob, freshly picked! And grilled on the BBQ, they sell it as a roadside snack in South Africa yum!

When I was a kid, I used to go into the garden and pick whatever veggie was ripe and eat it right then and there. Root veggies I would was off with the hose. Corn was always my favorite. I couldn't wait for it to ripen. Sometimes I didn't. I would pick it when it had just started to develop inside the husk. :angel:

I can tolerate corn but I just truly don't care if I ever eat it anymore. The only way I ever ate it was cut and scraped from the cob from my Grandparents garden and they are now gone. :( I have a real dislike for soups that have large chunks of vegetables and then these little bits of corn in it!

Back
Top Bottom