Ever have a time where you need a boost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)He on Oprah today.
dang, read this too late to catch Oprah today.
hoping he'll be put on youtube soon though.
this is going to sound petty, please forgive me, anyone watching the Oprah show, did you notice if he got his smile fixed at all? seemed very self conscious of it...just wondering, I think it's the teeth thing with my son that had me notice that on Brits Got Talent

dang, read this too late to catch Oprah today.
hoping he'll be put on youtube soon though.
this is going to sound petty, please forgive me, anyone watching the Oprah show, did you notice if he got his smile fixed at all? seemed very self conscious of it...just wondering, I think it's the teeth thing with my son that had me notice that on Brits Got Talent
:)Yes he got his teeth fixed he was very self conscious about it and I dont blame him.Nice teeth is a great confidence booster.He still has those sad eyes but they look alot less troubled than before.And yet he is still very humble.I can only wish him the best he certainly deserves it.He definitely has something in his voice that conveys incredible emotion.He seems to have a hard time being open with his emotions in real life very subdued but he lets it out in his voice.as we see him more and more he seems to be coming out of his shell a little at a time.When that happens I can only imagine his singing becoming even more incredible.

:)Yes he got his teeth fixed he was very self conscious about it and I dont blame him.Nice teeth is a great confidence booster.He still has those sad eyes but they look alot less troubled than before.And yet he is still very humble.I can only wish him the best he certainly deserves it.He definitely has something in his voice that conveys incredible emotion.He seems to have a hard time being open with his emotions in real life very subdued but he lets it out in his voice.as we see him more and more he seems to be coming out of his shell a little at a time.When that happens I can only imagine his singing becoming even more incredible.
thanks for telling me that, I hope too, that it will affect him in a positive way.
sad eyes, gad, I have a rescue Siberian Husky who has very sad eyes. I noticed that when we bought him and his sister, she being so happy and it's in her eyes too, his white eyes though, very very sad. I only wish he could tell me what he is so sad about from years past. Oh well, also wish my doggie could sing like Mr. Potts.

Lefse, as many times as I've watched & listened to the video, the passion in his voice (& concentration on his face) almost takes my breath away.

For all the opera fans, here's that other guy.;) :wub:

Enjoy.

YouTube - Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma

Oh how I love hearing/seeing the Master Pavarotti sing this song. Thank you for reminding me of his brilliance.

We live outside Los Angeles. One day our DD called. She told me she'd been at Mel's Diner on Sunset the night before with her best girlfriend having a late bite to eat.
Then said, "so mom, guess who I ate with last night?" I asked for hints, she said, "he's huge." I said Magic Johnson, she said, "no, huge really huge." [she wasn't referring to his size but his celebrity]. I said, "Luciano Pavarotti." She said yes. Two girls, 6 men = one night of song. He kept trying to give bites of his sausage to her, she hates sausage. He asked her what her favorite opera was, she told him, and the next 4 hours he serenaded them. What a night, sadly, now he's gone.

Oh how I love hearing/seeing the Master Pavarotti sing this song. Thank you for reminding me of his brilliance.

We live outside Los Angeles. One day our DD called. She told me she'd been at Mel's Diner on Sunset the night before with her best girlfriend having a late bite to eat.
Then said, "so mom, guess who I ate with last night?" I asked for hints, she said, "he's huge." I said Magic Johnson, she said, "no, huge really huge." [she wasn't referring to his size but his celebrity]. I said, "Luciano Pavarotti." She said yes. Two girls, 6 men = one night of song. He kept trying to give bites of his sausage to her, she hates sausage. He asked her what her favorite opera was, she told him, and the next 4 hours he serenaded them. What a night, sadly, now he's gone.

Lucky lady, & wonderful story, Lefse. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure he is missed.

I've had good fortune many times in my life, but man oh man, would I have loved to have him sing to me for all those hours, what a voice, wish more had his talent.
Ah to have a voice like that...How lucky we are to be able to bring that voice to us when we want with all the technology we possess today...Think of all those with like talent who passed before all this was possible..Make you pause and give thanks.Thanks for starting this thread, it's brightened my day again.
kadesma

Thanks for the Pavarotti link Amy...
It made my day almost perfect...
kadesma

My pleasure. I've bookmarked the page & listened to it over & over again. Glad it made your day as well.

My DW got me his (Paul Potts) cd for Christmas ...
it is wonderful .. and this is not my type of music ..
and my 18 month old daughter loves it also ..
a must buy IMHO ..

I want to know why I tear up when I hear him sing???????? And I don't even know what he's saying as I think it's Italian.......it's his humble expressions.........but I tear up every time I see the video.......

My DW got me his (Paul Potts) cd for Christmas ...
it is wonderful .. and this is not my type of music ..
and my 18 month old daughter loves it also ..
a must buy IMHO ..
thanks for the heads up, love knowing there is another great Christmas cd out there, wonder if it's still available? oh heck yea it would be, maybe even on Ebay or whatever right?

I want to know why I tear up when I hear him sing???????? And I don't even know what he's saying as I think it's Italian.......it's his humble expressions.........but I tear up every time I see the video.......
I don't know what he's saying either, but like you, I can't watch Mr. Potts without crying. I think it's an emotional thing for me to watch and I love a good ending to any story. He gets one here by singing nicely when I thought he'd probably mess up, but then, didn't...I love this and turn it on my computer when I need an uplifter

lfse... sorry .. but its not a x mas cd .. but does have a couple x mas songs ..

Back
Top Bottom