Ever have a time where you need a boost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I do. Sometimes times are hard, things aren't perfect and you just want to sink in a hole.
I had a friend mention this to me, so I looked it up on the internet. Having seen it now many times, it's never viewed by me without tears, and showing to my dh, he turned emotional too. I think it's just the good guys wins at the end. You know, sort of a Forrest Gump type thing. Where it all comes together somehow. Anyway, I'm feeling meloncholy and this just boosted me up.

Don't know if this is proper or not, but take a look and a listen is you care to.
YouTube - paul pots

:)That was awsome made me tear up as well.I am really happy for this guy he looks like he's had a hard life.

That was wonderful..Having grown up listening to opera and having an uncle who was a tenor, this just cover me in goose bumps. Thank you Lefs, after that who could feel anything but the beauty of life.
kadesma

whats the story behind Paul any way.
I had to do some hunting myself, but found a 30 minute documentary on Mr. Potts. He has an awkward way about him, just looking at him watch the judges critique his performance, you could tell he wasn't comfortable with the negs that might come from them, as if he'd heard plenty of negatives in his life before.
His job is as a mobil car phone salesman I guess.
In listening to him speak on the interview, he says that all his life he's gone through really tough times, but, always knew he had his voice to rely on [and] would go to his secret place, I think he said on breakwaters of the ocean, and sing opera.
Makes me cry maybe because there are always bullies in this world, unkind people [or children even] that will say anything to hurt feelings, obviously due to their own inadequacies. Nothing much bothers me more.
I got a phone call one day at home, early in the day, from the elementary school saying my son, was standing in a corner by himself, crying. I grew wings and flew there. Found him in a playground corner crying and when I asked him what was wrong, he replied, "they're telling me I have teeth like a beaver, and they're laughing at me." OH, need I say more? :mad:I lined them all up, one by one, and firmly told them if they ever did that to my son again, (and then I came up with something profoundly scary). It worked.
He had braces (twice) and is now the most beautiful commercial airline pilot EVER.
Wonder if Mr. Potts got teased which contributes to his emotion?
I hope he's doing wonderfully well.
Oh, he did win that finale.

Hmm interesting. Never heard of him tell now. Yeah kids can be cruel. I have done my share of things i should not have said. ill tell ya that. Luckily i was a we lil one at those times and its easier to forgive children than it is to forgive adults.

amazing talent .. saw this a few months ago ... keep it in my favorites ..

I've seen this before - he was just on Oprah today. He says he has not quit selling cell phones. When asked why he really didn't give an answer - I just think he needs that job security. Smart man, really.

Just yesterday I comforted a wee little guy on the playground because the others were ignoring him.........(small international school and he's the youngest) and I spoke quietly to the others and asked them to please include him in their game which they promptly did(you know children---I don't think any of them had a clue as to his personal misery)........his face was still sad for the first minute and then the cloudy weather lifted and he was smiling and laughing before recess ended. That was my karma for the day.

Thanks for posting that video. I had seen it before but it was nice to see it again. Amazing. I didn't see him on Oprah but he seems humble, sincere, unassuming and very talented.

I have seen this a million times and it gets to me each time. I have a couple of song on my iPod with him singing. Great voice!

Back
Top Bottom