Ex-Red Sox Player Roger Clemens Listed Among Steroid Users.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
NBC NEWS, WASHINGTON - Today's release of the sport players who use or have used steroids has been partly made public, and it includes Roger Cemens as one of the receivers.

Clemens is one of the former ball players for the Boston Red Sox, and has since left the division several years ago. More names will be revaeled later today.

Last edited:
yeah, it just too bad that these so-called gifted athletes have to turn to drugs to try to make themselves better strengthwise!

I've been listening to Mitchell and reading the names. Depressing but no longer surprising.

I'm also waiting to hear if some of the pro wrestlers have been added to the list.

I'm almost certain that Chris Benoit is among the many. He viciously murdered his wife and their 7-year-old son, and then he took his own life this past summer in June. He was thought to have taken steroids as well as anti-depressant medicines.

Being knocked in the head constantly had a psycologic tramatic affect on his brain, causing him to go nuts.

Booker T has also been said to have used the stuff.

Last edited:
I'm also waiting to hear if some of the pro wrestlers have been added to the list.

I'm almost certain that Chris Benoit is among the many. He viciously murdered his wife and their 7-year-old son, and then he took his own life this past summer in June. He was thought to have taken steroids as well as anti-depressant medicines.

Being knocked in the head constantly had a psycologic tramatic affect on his brain, causing him to go nuts.

No investigation required there, IMHO. Everyone would get busted. While some may find it entertaining, there is one agreed upon fact (aside from being fake/all for show), the human body does not look like that naturally. There has to be some extra help.

Look at Duane "The Rock" Johnson - while he is still in great shape, he doesn't look anything like the shape he was when he was in the ring.

But we digress from the original topic . . . . . .

It's a big list with some big names - Clemen's attempts into Cooperstown may just go the way of McGuires.

Umm, I read The Mitchell Report and didn't see their names; Jason Giambi and Jason Grimsley were listed. Have a link for that?

It's in my work email and can't get at it. Came from someone else. I'll check other sources.

Boston.com does not list Trot or Tek. SORRY but glad I'm wrong!

I spelled his name wrong, but we all know who he is.

I realise that steroids is also an ingredient in medicine for asthma, but these habitual abusers who have gone on for so long getting away with murder really need to be held accountable for their reckless ways!!

Last edited:
I realise that steroids is also an ingredient in medicine for asthma, but these habitual abusers who have gone on for so long getting away with murder should really be held accountable for their reckless ways!!

Those aren't anabolic steroids, though, I don't think.

Here is a link to the official list. I saw a prelim. list with Varitek and Nixon's names but this list does not include them.

There are different types of steroids.

And they can save lives if used correctly, but they have to be used with great care.

Let me see, if I were an athlete and the one thing I could possibly do to make me rich and famous, or elevate me to superstar status, was take some drug I really don't know much about, what would I do?

I don't know.

I know I would be very tempted to take some. Knowing full well that many of those who I am competing with for a job are mainlineing the stuff.

And then, when it worked - kowabunga. Millions of bucks, hall of fame, you name it. Heck, I'll worry about the consequences later, when I'm old.

And being young, being old seems a long time away.

It seems to me that it was a very human response to use the stuff.

The owners, coaches, and the guys who regulate sports had to know about this.

But Bonds and all big stars bring in the patrons.

If I turn a blind eye - heck, I'm gonna make a whole lot of money from these guys.

Nah, baseball, and other sports cannot govern themselves in this regard.

Gotta be some kinda oversight body.

Or when we learn to modify chromosomes we will start to see a whole new level of super athletes.

There are supposed to be very stiff swift and severe penalties in place for the illegal use of steroids.

Let's see now if they'll step up to the plate, put their foot down and punish those abusers to the max. They've been talking the talk, now let's see if they'll show some tough love and authority and walk the walk!!

Last edited:
For those who want to know who is really on the list, how they are implicated, and those who want to read Mitchell's complete report - the MLB website has it here.

We (dihard baseball fans) didn't need doped-up home run hitters to get us back into the stadiums - we needed time to get over the 1994 baseball strike - and to show the players that we (the fans) were not to be triffled with. We were hard working people trying to find the money to take our kids to a game - while their greed and lack of concern for the fans kept driving up the cost of tickets. ... okay ... soapbox off

If Barry Bonds gets into the Hall of Fame and Pete Rose (baseball's record-holder for hits, games played and at-bats) doesn't - then there will be no joy in Mudville - and the famous phrase from 1919 will once again ring out in the harts of true fans - "Say it ain't so, Joe!"

Last edited:

who cares if entertainers took drugs?

pro wrestling is not a sport. it's a show. yes, it's an athletic show, but then so are many acts in cirque du soleil.

the problem lies in that a sporting competition is supposed to be fair.

The WWE and CEW are also supposed to have a zero-tolerence rule & policy against the use of steroids.

If you used steroids (not implying that you might be), how long do you think that you can get away with it before you are caught? Hmm?

Back
Top Bottom