"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Exercise Ball

Does anyone have a exercise ball? Do they really make a difference? I see them so often when looking in the magazines. They all show the exercises you all have explained to me but they are using the ball too. It really looks odd. They use it to sit on. It may have something to do with balance rather than the exercise. do you think it is worth the investment?

Old 10-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #2
Master Chef

I have one and YES it helps. It helps relieve the stress on your back a lot!
I won't excersise again without mine. It helps stretch your back with some excersises too and it feels wonderful. When you buy one, mine had a pamphlet with excersises in it.
Don't get a cheapy though, it's worth the money to spend a little more. Mine was $20.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Again!

texas, you always come through and you are on the ball? I trust what you advise and will do as you suggest. Knowing someone has had experience makes big difference. I know even my chiropractor told me to get one. Just becoming familiar with the exercises is the big challenge. Guess you weren't sure in beginning either. If it does all you say I will be happy to have it. Thank you for always responding so quickly as I tend to forget if someone doesn't answer. Does that say something about my life? I know tend to get to much on my plate but have no choice. Family needs are priority but exercise is also personally important. Be thankful you take the time to do it. Just don't feel guilty like I do. Not fair.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
Master Chef

I don't use it as much as I need to.
It doesn't take long at all to get used to it. They are big enough that balance isn't really a problem after being on for a few minutes. You get to where you know how and where to sit just right on it.
Good luck with it, I know you'll love it. Makes excersising a lot easier and it still does the muscles like it's suppose to.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via Skype™ to MJ
Moved to off topic chat.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #6
Senior Cook

I love mine and I use it mostly at the computer desk, it's perfect and I can sit for hours and hours!

All things are difficult before they are easy. -Thomas Fuller (1608-61)
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
Executive Chef

computer desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte
I love mine and I use it mostly at the computer desk, it's perfect and I can sit for hours and hours!
Charlotte you use this for a chair at the computer desk? Doesn't your back give out with no support? Do you use for exercise too?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Charlotte you use this for a chair at the computer desk? Doesn't your back give out with no support? Do you use for exercise too?
ITK, I use mine like a chair, too. Surprisingly it gives you a lot of support. It somehow just straightens your spine naturally. It's actually impossible to sit on it slouched (you feel like you'll roll off). It's really gentle on your lower back and tail bone, too, since you sort of sink into it a bit (just don't inflate it to where it's really hard and firm). I've been having a lot of lower back pain with my pregnancy and this is about the only thing that's comfortable for me to sit on anymore!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Do you believe this?

I went to the dentist today and figured I would take the magazine to read while I waited. The hygienist asked to look at it. When she seemed interested I told her she could have it. She seemed surprised but such nice person I gave it to her. I did want to see the exercises with the ball. I guess I can buy another one. It made me seem kind of strange when she wanted to look at it. Sometimes I wonder what world I am in. anyway I know now I will get one after everyone here likes theirs. Does anyone else do this kind of stuff? Give away and then wish you wouldn't?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
i've been thinking about getting one but i haven't as of yet