"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #31
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I am so pleased with myself. I managed to walk home from Main Street Friday evening. I cannot believe I did it! (anyone interested, look up Galena Illinois on any site, and i'm up over that hill!). I'm convinced that my work outs before and my real attempts to get back at it as soon as possible are helping. I'm still frustrated, but am very satisfied with my Pilates and water exercises.
Congrats, Claire!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am so pleased with myself. I managed to walk home from Main Street Friday evening. I cannot believe I did it! (anyone interested, look up Galena Illinois on any site, and i'm up over that hill!). I'm convinced that my work outs before and my real attempts to get back at it as soon as possible are helping. I'm still frustrated, but am very satisfied with my Pilates and water exercises.
It is a beautiful time of the year for walking also. The leaves are starting to change color. Don't get frustrated, get engerized. You go girl!

Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Good on you Claire, well done
Old 09-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #34
Half Baked

I am a powerlifter and train with a team. We do bench press for about 4 1/2 hours on Mon and Deadlifts or Squats on Wed. which take about 3 hours. We all do other stuff without the team on other days. I have been doing about 2 years now and my bench went from 200 to 375lbs and my deadlift went from 286 to 520lbs. (I don't squat anymore) This has been great for my Diabetes and has strengthened my bones alot. I got hit across the legs with a solid steel bar 2 months ago and it should have broke both my legs but didn't. I had hematomas for almost 2 months I got hit so hard. I also don't have the back problems I used to have.

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

I am making a committment to exercise everyday for the next 3 months. Had a physical last week & the doc. has given me 3 months to get my weight down & my numbers in a safe range or I will have to go on a whole slew of medications which I am not willing to do.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I am making a committment to exercise everyday for the next 3 months. Had a physical last week & the doc. has given me 3 months to get my weight down & my numbers in a safe range or I will have to go on a whole slew of medications which I am not willing to do.
No more donuts for breakfast! You will be surprised how much your numbers change with just that difference. If you need help revamping your diet just holler.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
No more donuts for breakfast! You will be surprised how much your numbers change with just that difference. If you need help revamping your diet just holler.
I am open to any helpful tips you can share with me to revamp my diet :) thank you!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #38
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I am open to any helpful tips you can share with me to revamp my diet :) thank you!
You can ask any questions, I don't want to sound like a know it all by telling you things you may already know. But, I have noticed you eat a lot of donuts and sugary cereals. And since you don't care for oatmeal, how about Cheerios and raisin bran?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Breakfast & lunch are always a challenge for me to eat healthy. I am up & out by 5:30 am. We have a small cafe/catering business so lunch is always busy. Greek yogurt & a granola bar have been working nicely around 8 am. I am always looking for quick, healthy foods to eat on the go. I would be so very happy & appreciative to hear any options you would like to share.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
That is great SB...good luck with it all

You will feel so much better in the long run