Fab 5!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Has anyone seen Queer Eye for the Straight Guy on tv? They called me in to watch this program last nite. It was hiliarious and really made everyone laugh and it was REAL. I don't think anyone can duplicate REAL life. This person who they were trying to help with dressing up for his daughter and a special party of some kind was a nudist. They showed the whole affair. These guys FAB 5 were laughing so hard themselves at the party when they all came together and starting shedding their clothes. It may not sound funny but if you had seen this would have given you the same reaction. I have never seen a nudist get together and this really was different. They did have a notice that stated not everyone should watch due to the nudity. They never actually showed anyone completely bare. Rare occasion for me and now I can honestly say I have seen a party like none other. I have heard about this program but rarely watch it. It was good, at least to me! These guys are really helpful. I liked it.

When I had a TV I used to watch them all the time, they're a riot :mrgreen: So full of energy and zeal, plus a lot of their tips are very handy. They started (or are largely behind) the whole metro-sexual fad that sprung up a couple years back, which meant that a lot more men started getting into things like being a foodie, fashion, home decor and personal grooming. It's a cool show :)

Piccolina

DId you say you don't get to see it anymore? Sorry to hear that. Have you given up tv? I hope I get to see it again as you said they have such great entertaining and personal suggestions. I am happy you got to see it. You do know what I am talking about. Some people prefer not to watch them for their own reasons but like my mom told me so often, 'live and let live!' She had it right. Everyone here with the same purpose to get from one day to the next. I tell you I can't g et he picture of all those naked people! The guys really laughed too. This must have been a good one since my family to ld me to sit and watch it.

I haven't seen it but I just ordered their book from the library.
I have to go pick it tomorrow when I'm out doing errands.

In the Kitchen said:
DId you say you don't get to see it anymore? Sorry to hear that. Have you given up tv? I hope I get to see it again as you said they have such great entertaining and personal suggestions. I am happy you got to see it. You do know what I am talking about. Some people prefer not to watch them for their own reasons but like my mom told me so often, 'live and let live!' She had it right. Everyone here with the same purpose to get from one day to the next. I tell you I can't g et he picture of all those naked people! The guys really laughed too. This must have been a good one since my family to ld me to sit and watch it.
:) I hope I get a chance to see it again too, I asked about their book at our (super tiny) local library but they don't have it anywhere in the county, so I may have to wait to read it one day in Canada. I love TV, lol, it's just a matter of budget which made me have to give it up :neutral: But I know that one day things will pick up in that area and we can get a TV and maybe even cable again. I tell myself, just think, while everyone else will be watching repeats, it'll be new to me :)

Piccolina

That is good way to think about not having tv right now. I am hoping in time you will get to enjoy the things I do. Having computer I am sure helps. They have a book? pds wife said she ordered one from the library. What kind of book is it? They are really funny to listen to. Always joking with one another and the tv gets to view it. I am so grateful to have seen the show last nite. No one cared if they had belly or not. Even the women showed their bellies. People look so strange naked. Thank heaven for clothes. Even if they have few holes, at least I am covered. The guys were all talking about sitting on the couch naked and that they should put some kind of protection down. I worry about my dogs what if I had someone show up naked? That is against the law isn't it?

Book.jpg

it's a book Jkath told me about. :)

pdswife

pdswife said:
Book.jpg

it's a book Jkath told me about. :)
Wow that really looks like an interesting book. Glad you knew about it. Hope it is as good as the show. Seem to have lot of brands that must allow them to sponsor their show. The car looks like a good one too. I saw some blinds that they gave this guy that came up from the bottom to give privacy instead of from the top. I am going to investigate in them. Never saw coming from bottom before. I will go check this book and see how it compares to the show material. thanks picture worth thousand words or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom