Fake tan advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
OK, I guess this is a question for the girls!

I have really pale skin, by design....naturally I tan to a nice colour, but it takes a LONG time, and I'm trying to save my skin now, so for years I've been factor 25 minimum and hats and the shade. But I'm the only pale person in Italy I think, so I tried some of the moisturiser with a gradual tanning effect, rather than an out and out fake tan which I always manage to streak. Yesterday it looked....ok, I was shocked just how much colour it had, but it was ok...it says to apply daily, and today I'm tangerine....I thought thats what these moisturiser/gradual tanners were meant to avoid....plus I'm a bit streaky over the foot. So, if I apply again tonight wll orange start to be brown, or do I let the whole lot wear off and go back to the albino leg look? I would like to try and make the tan thing work...and I chose the pale skin bottle.

Any one else using this type of product?

If you rub really hard, the stuff will come off,I think. I have tried it too, and just didn't like the look. A friend said to try a more expensive brand, but I'm not sure..

LOL, I was just echatting with a girl in Austrailia about it too Mugsy...

my skin is most definitely not Italian though, and having spent my childhood nut brown and never sunscreened I'm paranoid about sun block now.

I've tried it and had horrible results and used a really known brand. I don't think its possible to not get some streaks with it and yes I ended with more of an orangy color.

Yes you can scrub it off....I used a body sponge.

I have light skin and don't like to go to the tanning beds so I don't get tan but want the effect. A new tanning saloon opened here in town and was offering spray tans but the lady ended up sending the booth back to the manufacturer because it didn't live up to the high expections the instilled in her head. She used her sister as a tester to try and get the right color but said that it just streaked too much and the color wasn't right and she refused to let her customers be subjected to something that she wasn't satisfied.....I applauded her of course.

Anyway.....there is a reputable saloon in the neighboring city and I'm planning on going there in May and speaking with the owner to get more information about their spray on tans and ask if she can direct me to customers that use it to get their opinion. You might try this too if its available in your area.

I'm allergic to the sun so I can't get a nice tan. I am very pale as well.

I've tried Jergens fake tan lotion and it was too orange. Now I'm trying Aveno and will be interested in seeing if there is a difference in the two.

mugsy27 said:
too funny...an italian and a floridian sharing advice on FAKE tanning!! lmao!!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: How funny!!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have heard that the spray tans are really good...much healthier than the beds. I have heard that the lotion bursts your skin molecules to keep the color from washing away.

Last edited:
I used the lightest of the Jergens last year and had good results. I'm not sure what makes it work for one and not another ... I'm very pale and I turned a nice light brown - no orange. I did notice, however, that it had the same effect on my palms that I noticed on people who use the full on bronzers. After the first night, I remembered to wash my hands (palms only) really well after application.

Could time of day affect it I wonder? I always put it on at night, before bed. Maybe the lack of activity made it settle better ...

JMediger said:
I used the lightest of the Jergens last year and had good results. I'm not sure what makes it work for one and not another ... I'm very pale and I turned a nice light brown - no orange. I did notice, however, that it had the same effect on my palms that I noticed on people who use the full on bronzers. After the first night, I remembered to wash my hands (palms only) really well after application.

Could time of day affect it I wonder? I always put it on at night, before bed. Maybe the lack of activity made it settle better ...

That is the same one I have. It must work differently from person to person. I tried it again a few days ago with the same orangy color.

lulu, I don't know how to help.

For years I took a bottle of Johnsons Baby Oil

Removed about 3 tablespoons of the baby oil

Added iodine....a few drops shake and watch the color of the baby oil
take on a color

When it was the color I liked (my tan to look)...I would shake and apply.

It made a beautiful color and the baby oil gave moisture to my skin. Looked super. I used just a few drops of the iodine...never harmed my skin..and I looked nicely tan. What do you think? Aria

Ill have to try that, at the moment ive got orange toenails from the moisturiser/tanner lotion i bought. my legs look like ive been tangoed :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom